MA in Global Issues in Contemporary Mission
There is an increasing need within mission for practitioners to understand the key concerns within the global framework of contemporary mission. Our Postgraduate MA in Global Issues in Contemporary Mission addresses many of the current issues people face 'on the ground' and explores them in depth. Students can also research the pressing issues of their own ministry contexts
Who is the course for?
Are you looking for a postgraduate study that:
- complements your work in an existing mission environment?
- will further increase your understanding of the 'big picture' of mission?
- will stretch you academically and allow you to research contemporary missiological issues?
- is taught by staff with first-hand mission experience?
- Method and content in missiological study
- The mission of the Church in the context of post-colonialism and globalisation*
- The greening of mission
- Christian spirituality in a worldwide context
- Theology of religions
- Prosperity theology and suffering
- An introduction to global leadership
- Crucial issues for European mission and theology
- Just mission – justice issues in intercultural contexts (subject to validation by University of Gloucestershire)
- Independent study module
About the School
Our MA programmes can be studied full-time over one year, part-time, over two years or in flexible learning mode, taking three to four years. The full-time and part-time programmes run from the beginn ... Read More