The Master’s program in Food Biotechnology combines a Master’s program at the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Kazakhstan, and Master’s program at ISA Lille, France. It creates opportunities to gain more international knowledge and experience in food science, bioprocesses, and technologies of food manufacture.
The two-year master's program in Food Biotechnology consists of four semesters: semesters of courses and one final term dedicated to the master's degree project. Each student will spend one year in Kazakhstan and one year in France in an English-language Master's program.
The program aims to high-level training of future scientists and food production managers to answer the current and future demands of private and public research centers and food companies dealing with food processing, animal and crop production.
Faculty of Biology and Biotechnology, which is one of the oldest faculties at University, which has existed since the foundation of the University in 1934. The teaching staff includes prominent associated professors, scientists, and leading experts as well as employers take part in training the master students. The graduates are specialists in different areas of the biological science, working in research institutions, industry, institutions of higher and secondary education of our Republic, as well as in countries of near and far abroad: Harvard, Texas, Virginia universities of the USA, Universities in France, Canada, the UK, Germany, and Russia.
Students enrolled in Program will study the mandatory and recommended courses including the following modules:
- M-3 Applied statistics, nutrition fundamentals, and bioprocesses in food manufacture.
- M-4 Modern methods, organization, and planning of research in biotechnology.
- М-5 Food technology and combinatorics.
- М- 6 Food production.
- М-7 Food safety.
The following info will be uploaded to the website of the university
Qualification: Scientific and pedagogical direction - Master of Natural Sciences.
Model of graduating student
After completion of the program, master students are expected to be able to:
- Manage the conditions and factors of biotechnological processes in food production.
- Analyze methods of multivariate statistical analysis, in particular, the basics of factor and cluster analysis.
- Evaluate the work, the range of products, and the principles of organization of production processes in industrial enterprises.
- Comply with the basic principles of standardization and certification of food products in accordance with international quality standards of food production and HACCP.
- Compare adequate methods of determining the hygienic safety of new sources of raw materials and finished food products, the use of food and flavor additives according to the existing hygienic requirements of health authorities.
- Comply with the combination of organoleptic characteristics of new products with consumer preferences, traditions, and national characteristics in the diet of certain groups of the population; the balance of products according to the content of the main nutrients, storage resistance, availability to the consumer.
- Organize an effective system of quality control of raw materials, semi-finished and finished products based on standard and certification tests.
- Be capable of the professional operation of modern technological equipment in laboratory and production conditions.
About the School
Al-Farabi Kazakh National University is the leading institution of the system of higher education of the Republic of Kazakhstan, which was the first to pass the state certification and which has justi ... Read More