MA in Fashion Menswear
Recognised for producing the most celebrated young menswear designers to launch onto the fashion scene in recent years, the RCA Menswear programme encourages a fearless approach to creative expression, fanatical technique and an informed professionalism. The realisation of individuality within a global design context is enabled through our excellent links with practising designers, international fashion brands and a dedicated staff team.
The programme evolves constantly to provide a learning environment that is supportive, challenging and relevant to the needs of its students and the fashion industry. In this way MA, MPhil and PhD students generate original and contextualised ideas, technique and material. Personal and sponsored projects, technical workshops, a professional practice programme, seminars, international visits and guest speakers from the design and related industries form the core curriculum.
We maintain excellent graduate destinations, including Dior, Margiela, Banana Republic, Givenchy, Prada, Gucci, Burberry, Pringle, Adidas, Nike, McQueen, Asprey, Versace, Missoni, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Aquascutum, Topman, Levi’s and Umbro. Successful alumni with own collections include Charlie Allen, Neil Barrett, Sid Bryant (Sibling), Marcus Wilmont (Aminaka Wilmont), Aitor Throup, Carolyn Massey, James Long, Katy Eary, Matthew Miller and Astrid Andersen.
The programme offers:
- the only opportunity in the world to specialise in menswear design at MA level
- design specialisms including accessory design, footwear and knitwear
- discipline-specific design staff and full-time menswear and knitwear technicians
- limited student numbers enabling focused one to one teaching
- a curriculum designed to develop self confidence by balancing creative expression, technical excellence, communication and professionalism
- diversity of teaching approaches offered by both young and established practitioners
- vibrant and dedicated studios and workshops that house a broad range of specialist machinery
- a developing centre for pedagogic and practice-based research
- opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration college-wide
- collaborations with international corporations, brands and fashion houses include Brioni, Umbro, ASOS, Manolo Blahnik, Thierry Mugler, J Panther Luggage Co, Bill Amberg, Pitti Imagine Filati and Rowan.
This school offers programs in: