The following modules are indicative of what you will study on this course.
- The Fashion Business 1: Supply Chain Management
- The Fashion Business 2: Fashion Retail, Buying and Merchandising
- Strategic Fashion Business Management
- Fashion Marketing, Promotion and Brand Management
- The Fashion Business Plan and Entrepreneurship
- Creative Teams and Innovation in the Fashion Business
- The Fashion Business Project
Entry to the course is based on a combination of formal qualifications and significant industry experience. You should have a First or Upper Second Class Honours in your first degree in any subject, as well as a minimum of two years’ working experience in the fashion business or marketing. If English is your second language you should have an IELTS score of 6.5 with 6.0 in each element.
The course is designed to attract applicants with a recognised design, retail management or distribution/manufacturing background. With guidance from the academics and professionals in this field, it is anticipated that you will go on to enter senior management positions and move up the career ladder.
Our alumni can be found working in senior positions all over the world in many fashion roles and include such well-known brands such as Aldo, Dior, Dunhill, Harrods, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Marks and Spencer, Nordstrom, Prada Hong Kong and many more.
Several of our alumni have also gone on to study at PhD level and to further academic research. Others have set up their own business or successfully taken over a family run business.
Career development centre
Our Career Development Centre has just been shortlisted for the Best University Careers Service in the National Undergraduate Employability Awards for 2017.
With a growing network of over 3,000 employers around the world and a team of experienced careers consultants, we are here to help you succeed.
In 2015–16, we helped over 1,500 students find work placements across a range of sectors, with 250 employers attending 14 on-campus skills and careers fairs.
As a Westminster student, you’ll have access to our services throughout your studies and after you graduate.
We can help you:
- find work placements related to your course,
- find part-time/vacation, placement and graduate jobs, including voluntary experience,
- find international opportunities to enhance your employability,
- market yourself effectively to employers,
- write better CVs and application forms,
- develop your interview and enterprise skills,
- plan your career with our careers consultants,
- meet employers and explore your career options at our employer fairs, careers presentations and networking events throughout the year.