Yaşar University, Graduate School of Social Sciences offers an interdisciplinary M.A. program in English Language and Literature. The program, enriched by electives, offers areas of study not only for the majors of English Language and Literature but also for the graduates of other branches of social sciences such as “film studies,” “media and public relations,” “international relations” provided that after the entrance exam the candidates complete some undergraduate courses within a year and choose their thesis topics from the related area.
The program, because of its interdisciplinary character consists of courses ranging from English Language and Literature, American Culture and Literature, Cultural Studies to Film Studies.
- A graduation thesis is required.
- The courses are held in English.
- In each semester the student will take four compulsory courses and one elective course; each course is 3 credits and therefore 15 credits altogether.
- The graduation thesis is 5 credits.
- The total credit hour for the completion of the program is 35.
- A number of successful students will be awarded a scholarship according to the criteria of Yaşar University Graduate School of Social Sciences.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017