ENERPO Master’s degree program is the only English-language MA program in Russia that focuses specifically on energy affairs in Eurasia. In the 21st century competition and cooperation over the energy resources remain one of key factors in international affairs.
You will learn and discuss a variety of topics including Russian-European and Russian-Asian energy relations and challenges, LNG and shale gas revolutions, green energy perspectives in Eurasia, the influence of energy sector on politics, economics, and social development in Russia, Central Asia, Middle East, and the Caucasus.
By studying at ENERPO, you will be able to:
- Understand and explain how energy markets work (e.g. you will learn whether there is a direct correlation between oil and natural gas prices and why);
- Understand the supply and demand trends in global energy markets (e.g. make expert forecasts about the growing demand in China and estimates about supply capabilities of Russia);
- Define and elaborate the concept of energy security (e.g. set the priorities for foreign policy of Russia, China, EU, USA, Iran, and others with regards to energy security);
- Monitor and analyse energy-related information on a weekly basis (e.g. prepare a brief monitoring report on “How and to whom does Iran sell its oil under the sanctions?”);
- Examine multilateral trade and cooperation agreements based on international laws and regulations (e.g. make an excellent presentation on interests and challenges of public and private actors);
- Delve into the clean energy debates, defend or argue against Elon Musk’s Tesla, and see why oil-rich Russia may or must pay attention to renewables.
ENERPO is the only English-language program in Russia that gives you the opportunity to
- get an MA in Energy Politics in Eurasia in 1 or 2 years;
- select the courses by the leading Russian and international professors and experts in the field;
- attend open lectures and special workshops;
- conduct your research at the ENERPO Research Center;
- contribute articles to our ENERPO Journal;
- study in the English language, learn/improve your Russian;
- enjoy the life in St. Petersburg - the old imperial capital of Russia;
- get an excellent foundation for your career in international energy companies, academia, public service, and mass media.
You will study energy international relations in the most open, independent and cosmopolitan academic environment in Russia with the best conditions to study Eurasian energy politics and getting Russia right.
About the School
Founded in 1994 with the active support of the city of St. Petersburg, the European University began operating as an elite graduate school in the social sciences and humanities in 1996.