The Master of Arts in Economic Governance and Development is a 16-month program that offers an interdisciplinary curriculum in economics, governance and development based on international standards of teaching. The program is designed for students who wish to broaden their education and gain the knowledge and skills necessary for professional or academic careers in the fields of economics, development and governance.
Students have the opportunity to meet and to be taught by leading academics, experts, and representatives of international organizations. Because the program meets international educational standards, it attracts many of the most talented and qualified graduate students throughout Central Asia, Afghanistan, Mongolia and wider OSCE region.
- Combine rigorous theoretical and practical training through multidisciplinary full-term courses and practice-oriented short modular courses;
- Provide students with contemporary approaches and tools to work in the fields of economics, development, public policy and regulation - both in general and as applied in the Central Asian context;
- Expand students' professional opportunities by improving their competencies necessary for their future careers;
- Introduce students to the professional world through the internship program, use of practitioners as guest lecturers, and a network of professionals, Academy alumni, and current students;
- Familiarize students with the OSCE mission, principles, and activities with a special focus on Central Asia;
- Establish a stimulating learning environment and provide close interaction between students, faculty and administration; and
- Encourage friendship and respect in a culturally, nationally, and ethnically diverse environment of the Academy.
The curriculum of the program is approved by the Ministry of Education of the Kyrgyz Republic, and is supported by the OSCE Centre in Bishkek, interested OSCE participating and partner States, and other parties. The international partner institutions and the Board of Trustees of the OSCE Academy provide assistance in elaborating curricular details, conducting classes, organizing internships, and carrying out other activities.
Applicants must meet the following admission criteria:
- Successful completion of an academic degree of higher education (BA, Specialist Diploma) in a related academic field;
- Advanced level of English;
- Age 35 or younger as of 1 September 2019;
- Citizenship of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan and Mongolia. A limited number of students from other OSCE participating States can be accepted to the programs.
Full tuition fee waiver;
- A stipend of 300 euros per month (16 months);
- Round trip travel to Bishkek;
- Medical insurance (except for the citizens of Kyrgyzstan);
- Funded internship opportunities in Europe for top GPA students.
TO APPLY PLEASE, REGISTER AND COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM https://osce.embark.com/apply/governanceanddevelopment
If you have any questions write to:
- MA in Economic Governance and Development Program: MA-EGD@osce-academy.net
Only successful candidates will be contacted for tests and interviews!
Program taught in: