- Duration (years): 1.5 years
- Qualification Awarded: Digital Art and Design - Concentrations: 1. Graphic Design, 2. Interactive Multimedia Design (MA, 1.5 years or 3 semesters)
- Level of Qualification: 2nd Cycle ( Master's)
- Language of Instruction: English
- Mode of Study: Full time/part time
- Minimum Credits: 27
- Minimum ECTS Credits: 90
Profile of the Programme:
The course provides a specialist, professionally focused study giving to students the opportunity to explore the dynamic interdisciplinary field of digital art and design. It has a strong studio aspect integrated with studies in history, theory and technology. Students may engage in a range of art and design electives including curatorial and educational studies, interdisciplinary studios, and placements associated with art and design research projects. Students will develop skills in creative digital art and design practice to a professional standard. Extend their learning and deepen their understanding of visual language concepts and systems. Develop an ability to handle complex issues, to collect, analyse and interpret data. Collaborate effectively in multidisciplinary teams. Experiment and adapt innovative and creative new art and design approaches demonstrating a critical understanding of contemporary theory and practice in digital art and design. Acquire the professional skills necessary to compete in the global marketplace for art and design. Have an understanding of ethical responsibility and of the impact of their work in a social, cultural and environmental context
Art: Museums, galleries, digital art applications at the public and/or private sector.
Commerce: New media project management, the IT industry, communication technology, web design, social media, interactive media production, digital photography and visualisation, electronic publishing, games, advertising agencies, digital design, advertising and info companies, museums, galleries.
Education: Teach in the IT and design industry companies, at high schools and universities at the public and/or private sector.
The student must complete 90 ECTS and all program requirements. A minimum cumulative grade point average (CPA) of 2.0 is required.
Upon successful completion of this programme, the students should be able to:
- Critically evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Combine creative and innovative skills to produce work suitable for seeking opportunities in their chosen field of art and design and take responsibility for their own professional and academic development.
- Demonstrate the expertise, independent skills and competence required to solve creative problems and be in charge of complex design processes.
- Recognise and assess the ethical challenges and the influence of major historical and contemporary cultural trends on art and design artefacts.
- Produce technically and aesthetically high quality work based on interesting concepts that demonstrates an understanding of digital art and design principles.
- Communicate and cooperate efficiently with others in design-related development processes, within and outside their own subject area
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 25, 2017