- Duration (years): 1.5 years
- Qualification Awarded: Digital Art and Design - Concentrations: 1. Graphic Design, 2. Interactive Multimedia Design (MA, 1.5 years or 3 semesters)
- Level of Qualification: 2nd Cycle (Master)
- Language of Instruction: English
- Mode of Study: Full time/part time
- Minimum ECTS Credits: 90
Profile of the Programme
The course provides a specialist, professionally focused area of study- giving students the opportunity to explore the dynamic interdisciplinary field of digital art and design. It has a strong studio aspect integrated with studies in history, theory and technology. Students may engage in a range of art and design electives including curatorial and educational studies, interdisciplinary studios, and placements associated with art and design research projects. Students will develop skills in creative digital art and design practice to a professional standard, and extend their learning and deepen their understanding of visual language concepts and systems. The programme enables one to develop the ability to handle complex issues and to collect, analyse and interpret data. You will collaborate effectively in multidisciplinary teams, and experiment and adapt innovative and creative new art and design approaches demonstrating a critical understanding of contemporary theory and practice in digital art and design. Students will also acquire the professional skills necessary to compete in the global marketplace for art and design. They will gain an understanding of ethical responsibility and of the impact of their work in a social, cultural and environmental context.
- Art: Museums, galleries, digital art applications at the public and/or private sector.
- Commerce: New media project management, the IT industry, communication technology, web design, social media, interactive media production, digital photography and visualisation, electronic publishing, games, advertising agencies, digital design, advertising and info companies, museums, galleries.
- Education: Teach in IT and design industry companies, at high schools and universities at the public and/or private sector.
Access to Further Studies
Course assessment usually comprises of a comprehensive final exam and continuous assessment. Continuous assessment can include amongst others, midterms, projects, and class participation.
Letter grades are calculated based on the weight of the final exam and the continuous assessment and the actual numerical marks obtained in these two assessment components. Based on the course grades the student’s semester grade point average (GPA) and cumulative point average (CPA) are calculated.
The student must complete 90 ECTS and all programme requirements. A minimum cumulative grade point average (CPA) of 2.0 is required.
Upon successful completion of this programme, students should be able to:
- Critically evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Combine creative and innovative skills to produce work suitable for seeking opportunities in their chosen field of art and design and take responsibility for their own professional and academic development.
- Demonstrate the expertise, independent skills and competence required to solve creative problems and be in charge of complex design processes.
- Recognise and assess the ethical challenges and the influence of major historical and contemporary cultural trends on art and design artefacts.
- Produce technically and aesthetically high-quality work based on interesting concepts that demonstrate an understanding of digital art and design principles.
- Communicate and cooperate effectively with others in design-related development processes, within and outside their own subject area.
Scholarships - Financial Aid
The University offers scholarships and financial aid to full-time students, in the form of academic merit scholarships, financial-aid assistance, athletic scholarships, and on-campus work-study programmes.
About the School
UNIC is the largest university in Cyprus, with over 12,000+ students, from over 70 countries across the globe, coming together in an innovative and transformative learning space.