Cyber crime and terrorism are among the biggest threats facing society and are key priorities for government at all levels.
This MA will give you an in-depth understanding of the constantly changing nature of online crimes and criminal behaviour, opening up a range of exciting career opportunities.
Learning from industry experts, with a wealth of academic and practical experience, you will gain knowledge of the threats, trends, issues and responses in terrorism and cybersecurity as well as the crucial ethical questions.
Why Cyber Crime and Terrorism at Swansea?
As a postgraduate student at the Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law, you will be part of a globally recognised law school, with a thriving academic environment committed to excellence in teaching and research, and offering an exceptional student experience.
- You can engage directly with project work and with stakeholders who can provide insights and cutting-edge knowledge of cyber crime and terrorism.
- The course has strong relationships with national and international partners, including policymakers, government and industrial security practitioners, military organisations, and communities.
- Swansea University is ranked 26th in the UK for research quality and 22nd for research impact (REF 2014).
Your Cyber Crime and Terrorism MA Experience
On this specialist postgraduate degree, you will benefit from expertise in the law school’s research centres, including the Cyberterrorism Project.
You will also learn through:
- Guest lectures within the delivery of modules and as additional learning
- The opportunity for work placements and collaborative research projects.
Cyber Crime and Terrorism MA Employment Opportunities
Cyber crime and online terrorism are major priority areas for governments and in the private sector, and the knowledge you gain from this degree offers potential careers in:
- Public sector – government, civil service, political and policy advice
- Private sector – global, national or local business
- Non-governmental sector
- Research and academia
If you are passionate about countering cyber crime and terrorism, we want to hear from you!
This programme will be of interest to those who are interested in both cyber crime and cybersecurity more generally as well as those seeking specialist study of terrorism. It will be useful for students who have undertaken an undergraduate degree in anything from criminology or law, to computer science and psychology, and who are looking to specialise in this important area. Continuing, mature, international and part-time students would also be welcome for this programme of study.
Ideally you will hold a 2:1 undergraduate degree, or equivalent, in a relevant area, such as: law, criminology, politics, sociology or computer science (other disciplines may also be relevant).
If English is not your first language, you will need an acceptable pass in an approved English language qualification. We consider a wide range of qualifications, including the Swansea University English Test, the British Council IELTS test (with a score of at least 6.5 and 6.0 in each component) and TOEFL (with a score of at least 88 and at least Listening: 21, Reading: 22, Speaking: 23, Writing: 21).
Careers and Employability
Careers and Employability Swansea Employability Academy (SEA) will support you at each stage of your career journey helping you build a bright future.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs.
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers.
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities.
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics.
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
About the School
Swansea University is a research-led university that has been making a difference since 1920. The University community thrives on exploration and discovery, and offers the right balance of excellent t ... Read More