Asia and the Middle East are two of the most fascinating and rapidly developing regions of the World, creating challenges and offering opportunities for the 21st century. By 2050, close to 60% of world’s consumers will live in the region, China will be an indisputable superpower, Hindi, Bengali and Urdu will dominate much of the world business, Islam will change and diversify due to its contact with modernity, and migration will continue to put pressure on the Middle East.
We provide a comprehensive curriculum in Asian and Middle Eastern economies, politics, languages and societies, a flexible and personalised study plan, and a multinational study environment. The programme creates tailor-made study packages at our partner universities across Asia and the Middle East and values the need to fine-tune your practical skills through internships (included in the programme) in private companies, state organisations and NGOs.
Why study Asian and Middle Eastern studies at the University of Tartu?
- The University of Tartu (UT) belongs to the top 1.2% of the world's best universities (QS World University Rankings).
- Estonia has a centuries-long tradition in Asian and Middle Eastern studies. Here have worked some of world-renowned scholars of ancient Mesopotamia, classical Buddhist and Confucian philosophy, and Old-Testament and Islamic studies. The programme builds on this established tradition.
- UT is home to multiple professors and researchers who study modern-day Asian and Middle Eastern cultures, socio-economic trends and political regimes.
- UT provides a wide variety of opportunities to study abroad. We have Erasmus agreements with a broad range of European universities and exchange agreements with many Asian partner universities.
- Interactive and innovative teaching and learning methods are held in high regard and are widely used.
About the School
The University of Tartu (UT) is Estonia’s leading centre of research and training. It is the only university in the Baltics ranked in the top 2% of the world’s best universities (QS World University R ... Read More