MA Visual Communication: Illustration & Animation is a broad-based studio programme that offers the freedom to develop your own visual language and strong creative voice. With unique opportunities including internships with our industry partner Hearst Magazines UK, you will develop professional confidence alongside the creative, technical and digital skills essential for careers in the expanding fields of illustration and animation worldwide.
Based in our central Cambridge studios, over the intensive 12-month programme you will develop a strong grounding in research and inquiry as you advance your specialist knowledge. You will be encouraged to experiment with new techniques, media, and technologies, and respond to the new applications, platforms, and spaces in which contemporary illustration and animation are produced and experienced today. Regular workshops will support you to embrace current industry-standard software, giving you the practical and digital tools you need for the creative workplace today - and tomorrow.
This programme offers outstanding specialist tuition combined with extensive academic contact and studio access. As a Master’s student you benefit from:
- Exclusive access to media and industry expertise, workshops, and internships through partners including Hearst Magazines UK, publisher of titles such as Digital Spy, Esquire, and Elle Decoration.
- Expert tuition from industry-active professional animators, illustrators and graphic designers with a passion for teaching.
- Intensive learning experience tailored to your needs and ambitions, with a high level of personalized support and 1:1 tutorial time.
- Opportunities for work placements or industry mentoring as part of the course.
- A postgraduate qualification you need to stand out and get ahead.
- Collaborating with a creative, interdisciplinary and global postgraduate community.
- Your own iMac and studio workspace, open every day of the week.
- Industry-standard software including Adobe Creative Cloud and Maxon Cinema 4D.
- Access to regular Life Drawing in our dedicated drawing studio.
- A small, supportive and specialist creative arts college in a beautiful, historic and cultural city—a creative hotspot and home to one of the UK’s most dynamic and international student communities.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 15, 2018