Choose Kingston's Public Relations and Corporate Communications MA
Our Public Relations and Corporate Communications MA is designed for people who want to build their careers in internal communications or public relations (PR) and enhance their understanding of corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) – students on the course can apply for student membership.
- No exams – you will be assessed on your coursework and use it to build a portfolio you will be proud to show recruiters.
- Internship opportunity at The Fifth Business.
- Add study at the prestigious Boston University to your programme and gain a dual masters degree.
- Kingston Business School is one of only a few of the 120 UK business schools to be awarded an 'excellent' rating for its teaching quality by the Higher Education Funding Council.
- Graduates from this course typically go on to work in senior internal communications, public relations and corporate social responsibility roles.
- Kingston upon Thames has been rated London's happiest borough and has the lowest crime rate in London, as well as fast transport links to the city centre.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 per cent of the world's business schools.
What will you study?
This course is highly practical and involves the kind of hands-on learning that encourages flexible thought. It has a strong basis in business and marketing, rather than journalism, so it prepares you to excel in challenging or commercial environments. Whether you need to send a consistent message to multiple departments in government, or to a company's numerous external stakeholders, you will graduate with the ability to see the bigger picture and adapt your communications technique.
You will learn to:
- identify and understand different stakeholder groups, understand value and competitive advantage, and pitch effectively in front of leading market agency professionals; and
- adapt communication styles to ensure an organisation's message is understood by people with different educational levels, and across an international spectrum.
You will learn to select appropriate research methods and undertake theoretically-grounded research project which generates findings that inform management decisions. Through it you will learn to apply your research skills and gain experience managing a large-scale research project. These advanced research skills will prepare you for a highly adaptable career in marketing, and differentiate you as a future business leader.
You will research a specific area of marketing in depth. Once you have identified a topical issue or problem, you will write a research proposal and dissertation that combine academic rigour with practical marketing implications. You will communicate your findings as you would do in the workplace – by writing a management report.
The Public Relations and Corporate Communications MA is made up of six modules worth a total of 180 credits. This is an indicative list of modules and is not intended to be definitive.
- Marketing Communications and Advertising
- Cross Cultural and Internal Management Communications
- Managing Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development
- Public Relations
- Market Research and Data Analysis
- Research Proposal and Dissertation
Learn a language
You will have the opportunity to study a foreign language, free of charge, during your time at the University as part of the Kingston Language Scheme. Options currently include: Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
Cost & Fees
Home and European Union: £8,200
Overseas (not EU): £12,900
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017