The new Polit IQ & MSU Master in Post-Soviet Public Policy is a two-year degree designed to prepare future professionals in all dimensions of public affairs for a great diversity of careers worldwide.
The objective of the programme is to help students to think critically about complex policy issues, to make decisions and to transform their ideas into action. Besides, the program aims to educate young political scientists and potential policy-makers with deep knowledge in fields of Post-Soviet policy-making process and comparative politics.
The academic supervisor of the programme is Prof. Robert Legvold (Columbia University).
Years of study: 2
Start: September, 1st
Tuition fee: approx. 2,570$ (175,000 rubles)/ semester.
10,270$ for two years of study.
Admission procedure: please, visit our website https://mastersprogram.politiq.ru/
- Power Networks and political institutions in the Post-Soviet States
- Different Norms and Realities: Post-Soviet and Western Values
- The Soviet Civilization
- Political and Social Profile of Post-Soviet Elites
- Post-Soviet Political Economy
- International Policy in the Post-Soviet space
- Regional security in the Post-Soviet Space
- The models of the Political Integration in the Post-Soviet Space
- USSR disintegration: political and economic causes
- Color revolutions in the post-soviet space
- Neo-patrimonial democracy in Ukraine
- Belorussia: the specific model of state-building
- Military threats in the Post-Soviet Space
- Baltic States: from Soviet to European Union
- Political Islam in Post-Soviet Countries
- Political Regimes in Central Asia: Post-Soviet Specific
- EU “Eastern Policy”: prospects and restrictions
- Post-Soviet Space in the Context of China’s Integrational Project
- Eurasian Integration’s Economic Model
- Political Regimes in Caucasus Republics: Post-Soviet Specific
- BRICS as Alternative Globalization
- “Frozen Conflicts” in the Post-Soviet Space
- Post-Soviet Space in Context of Russian Foreign Policy
- “The Problem States” of the Post-Soviet Space
- State Companies as Economy and Policy Actors in the Post-Soviet Space.
At the end of the second semester, students are encouraged to apply for an internal fully-funded scholarship, funding their studies at World`s leading summer schools. Internships are to be organized for each student in accordance with his/ her sphere of interest in order to both:
- give an opportunity to get a real-life experience of working in the business, legal, civil and other organizations, and
- provide an access to the empirical databases for a thesis.
Master thesis is an independently conducted study, which sheds light on both theoretical and practical aspects of a chosen topic.
Theses formulated as a policy project for one of the Post-Soviet space states are welcome.
In order to assist students with their future career paths, the Programme offers series of professional tests, aimed to define their personal characteristics and potential range of careers. Among those are «leader», «consultant», «expert». The tests are optional and serve to help students get useful skills before they graduate.
- International organizations, situated in Eurasia, e.g. EAEC, SCO
- Public administration, e.g. federal and regional authorities, policy advisors and managers
- Public Policy, e.g. representative authorities, advisors and assistants)
- Academic sphere
- Policy Expertise
- Business and corporate communications with government
- Media, NGOs, civic organizations, local authorities
+79851287537 - Karina, program coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org - general questions
email@example.com - admission procedure inquieries.