This unique degree is specifically for teachers of philosophy of religion and ethics in schools, particularly those who deliver, or wish to deliver, the A Level syllabi.
You will focus on topics on the A Level syllabi with a module on Teaching Philosophy of Religion and Ethics, which includes training in the methodology of Philosophy for Children. It is for both those with previous education in these areas of study, and those seeking a rigorous introduction.
- Teaching Philosophy and Ethics
- Reason and Religion
- Foundations in Ethics
- Ethical Issues Today
- Bioethics and Sexual Ethics
- Unity and Diversity in Contemporary Islamic Thought
An honours degree (normally 2.1 or above) or equivalent in an appropriate subject
- PGCert Philosophy of Religion & Ethics in Education
- PGDip Philosophy of Religion & Ethics in Education
- 1 years full-time
- 2 years part-time
This school offers programs in: