The Leiden University Master’s in Literary Studies offers separate one-year programmes in English, French, German and Italian literature and culture. If you have a bachelor’s degree in one of these subjects, this master’s is an excellent way of deepening and broadening your knowledge of the literature and culture of your specialisation, thus becoming a true specialist.
- English Literature and Culture
- French Literature and Culture
- German Literature and Culture
- Italian Literature and Culture
- Literature in Society, Europe and Beyond
5 reasons to choose Literary Studies at Leiden
- All courses are taught in the language of your specialisation.
- The Master’s programmes in English, French, German and Italian literature cover the entire range of these literatures, from medieval to early modern, modern and contemporary.
- You will benefit from courses given by experts in terms of the period (middle ages, early modern, modern, post-modern and post-colonial) but also in terms of rhetoric, semiotics, intermediality, inter-cultural history and other approaches current in Literary Studies.
- You will gain an understanding of the methodological approaches, which you will learn to use in researching and analysing source material for your papers and final thesis.
- You can use of the vast range of options to construct your personal programme. You may include a course in English, French, German or Italian linguistics. You may also include a course in the national Masterlanguage programme or go abroad to the country of your specialisation, for an internship or university courses.
EU/EEA, Dutch (including Netherlands Antilles), Swiss or Surinamese: around €1,984.
Other: around €16,400.
If you would like to know more, perhaps regarding our specialisations, please get in touch or visit the programme introduction page on our website: http://en.mastersinleiden.nl/programmes/literary-studies/en/introduction.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 5, 2016