- Language of Instruction: English / Russian
- Duration: 2 years
- ECTS: 120
- Entrance Exams: Interview, Portfolio Review
- Department: Higher School of Journalism
Just yesterday, international journalism was a 'members-only club'. But digital technologies and globalization processes have changed the landscape for good: now, the whole world can be your audience. Media companies are also changing their requirements for international journalists. Today, they're looking for specialists who are both knowledgeable in the field of international relations, as well as capable of solving complex problems in the world of new media: from creating material, publishing it independently, and promoting it; to designing and running multimedia projects.
International Journalism in the World of New Media is a two-year master's degree program geared toward training professionals in the fields of journalism and international relations.
The program gives students critical journalistic skills and introduces key trends in the development of global media.
Students will gain in-depth knowledge of global politics, economics, and the work of international organizations, as well as skills in design thinking, developing and creating internet resources, and working with social networks.
Program graduates will be able to conduct interviews with political and economic leaders, work competently with world news, and create projects for international organizations directed at a global audience.
Advantages of the Program
- Studying in one of the most internationalized universities in Russia
- Highly qualified professors, guest-lecturers, instructors, managers, and innovative educational methods, e.g. problem-based learning
- Work on a final project will begin in the first days of the course: a real media project for a global audience or research in the field of international journalism and new media
- Advanced project-based learning with international partners
- Workshops, seminars and creative sessions in the media business, multimedia, film-making, storytelling, design, typography, acting, producing, visual journalism, economics, etc.
Positions available to graduates:
- International journalist
- New media project manager
- International newsroom editor
- New media producer for international organizations
About the School
TSU is the oldest university in Russian Asia, in Siberia, that was founded in 1878 in Tomsk, Russia. It was the First Siberian Imperial University.