The Master in Tourism and Humanities It is an initiative of the School of Tourism and Hotel Management and the Faculty of Philosophy and Letters of the UAB to train professionals that provide added value and innovation to tourism products and services. Professionals able to generate and manage content and bring new perspectives to the tourism sector, one of the leading economic sectors.
The Master in Tourism and Humanities has a professionalizing and innovative approach and has the support of Tourism of Barcelona and the Institute of Humanities of Barcelona, after these institutions firmasen with the School of Tourism and Hotel Management of the UAB a Convention master environment in order to establish the framework and lines of collaboration to maximize the potential of the program.
- Enter value to tourism activities related to tangible and intangible heritage territory.
- Provide career opportunities in the tourism sector to men and women of humanities (history, philosophy, geography, art, music ...).
- Offering a specialization graduates of tourism and industry professionals.
Graduates, graduates, graduates (minimum degree of 180 ECTS credits or equivalent), preferably in the areas of history, art history, geography, philology and literature, humanities, tourism and hotel management.
Any field of management and organization of content for cultural activities in all specialties within the field of tourism promotion either in private companies and public institutions or non-profit entities.
Some related professions are: tour guide / a, travel agent, technical / a in tourism promotion, cultural managers, etc.
For the master can take through three options:
- Register directly to the master
- Enroll in the Graduate Certificate Tourism and Humanities and, once overcome, enrollment practices and work to master.
- Knowledge and understanding that provide a basis or opportunity to be original in the development and / or implementation of ideas.
- That the students can apply their knowledge and their ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their field of study.
- That students are able to integrate knowledge and handle complexity, and formulate judgments based on information that was incomplete or limited, includes reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- Students can communicate their conclusions with the knowledge and rationale underpinning to specialists and non-specialists in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- Students must possess the learning skills that enable them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
- Analyze tourism and its development in its social, economic, cultural and political environment.
- Identify territorial level the characteristics of tourism and dimension of tourism in relation to Spain and in relation to the international arena.
- Recognize sectors and tourist areas, depending on the destination, activity purpose of the journey.
- Analyze the value of the humanities and of each of the disciplines included in the field, in tourism.
- Analyze the role of history as the backbone of tourism content.
- Participate in the process of building tourism products from natural and monumental resources.
- Analyze the relationship between scientific and technological heritage and territory.
- Identify the different components of travel literature and its relationship with tourism.
- Analyze the relationship of literary authors as a reference or tourist complement, through his biography and literary work.
- Analyze the different components of popular culture as a possible tourism (gastronomy, language, folklore ...).
- Analyze relevant models of tourism tangible and intangible heritage, tourist destinations and popular culture.
- Build capacity for teamwork.
- Acquire and develop managerial and leadership skills.
- Acquire skills in various cultural negotiation around.
- Develop critical-constructive, analytical and creative spirit.
- Encourage individual initiative and capacity for decision-making.
- Acquire skills of teamwork and communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Acquire initiative to develop innovative and competitive strategies.
- Update and recycle knowledge through continuing education.
- Habituate in a work environment and establish a network of professional contacts, both in the theoretical sessions and professional practices.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 21, 2017