Masters in Sustainable Tourism Destinations and Territorial Tourism Planning
Sustainable development has become a new paradigm of the century, both public and private, from the international to the local. In the tourism sector, this paradigm has crystallized into the idea of sustainable tourism, which focuses on the environmental, social and economic aspects of this sector. Increasingly, government agencies, academic institutions, tourist destinations, companies and international organizations who care to integrate sustainability criteria into their policies.
Ostelea has decided to implement a Master's program in Sustainable Tourism Destinations and Territorial Tourism Planning, which aims to train professionals and managers who lead the change towards a more sustainable planning and management of tourism activity, whether in public administration or the private sector.
Meet the latest study by Ostelea on "Ecotourism and Sustainable in Spain", which analyzes and watch one of the forms of tourism that has experienced greater growth in recent years.
Reasons to study the Master:
- Eight field work in the tourist area of Barcelona on experiences in sustainable planning.
- Ostelea is affiliated member of the World Tourism Organization (OMT). Join WTO in initiatives such as Knowledge Network, guarantees the academic quality of the program.
- Research Group: part of the faculty of the Master is integrated into the Group of Multidisciplinary Research in Tourism (OSTELEA GRIT-EAE), which focuses its scientific production in the field of international tourism management.
The Masters in Sustainable Tourism Destination Tourism Planning and Territorial allows you to:
KNOW THE SUSTAINABLE TOURISM INDUSTRY
Acquiring knowledge of planning and management of tourist destinations by introducing sustainability criteria. Understand the fundamentals of sustainable territorial development, sustainable tourism and its effect on image quality destination.
DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIC PLANS
Design strategies and plans of revitalization and tourist differentiation based on sustainable tourism management, in both mature and emerging destinations.
Knowing the regulatory framework of territorial planning at different scales and their impact on the management of tourist destinations.
Identify business opportunities: analyze sustainability as a competitive advantage to design, promote and market new tourism products.
Knowing and applying information technology and communications and tourism marketing design. Form in the application of methods and advanced development and efficient management of tourism products and destinations techniques.
Knowing the environmental impacts of tourism planning to propose alternatives and emerging sustainable tourism management.
The Masters in Sustainable Tourism Destinations Tourism Planning and Territorial Ostelea is classified into 5 modules:
- Governance and planning of tourism products and destinations.
- sustainable tourism development.
- Assessment, management and conservation of natural heritage.
- natural heritage tourism management from the perspective of sustainability.
- Master's Thesis.
Professions Career Services is a support area for students and alumni Our goal is to guide and accompany the student to reach new professional goals and achieve a better match between your expectations and professional interests with the labor market.
- Talent Development Webinar
- Itinerary Entrepreneurs
- Directions Career
- Career Transition Itinerary
- Online job forum
- Graduate Programmes
- Company Meetings
- Employment Workshops
- CIO, tourism promotion and marketing.
- Program Manager destinations.
- Technical planning and management of tourist destinations.
- Manager of specific tourism products.
- Technical development of tourism product.
- Technical management of natural and cultural heritage.
- Local development agent.
- Analyst, consultant or advisor in the tourism sector.
Admissions and Qualifications
The admission process guarantee the suitability of the candidates, so all participants can make the most of this learning experience.
To start the admission process is necessary to fill the request for information. From that moment Ostelea will contact the candidate to close an interview which must provide the following documentation:
- Titulación Universitaria
- The Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
After completing the interview, the Admissions Committee will examine case by case and communicate the resolution to the candidate to report the status of their admission.
Students who successfully complete the program will take TRIPLE CERTIFICATION:
- Masters in Sustainable Tourism Destinations and Territorial Tourism Planning for Ostelea.
- Master in Tourism Management Resources and Sustainable Destinations, majoring in Natural Heritage, from the University of Lleida.
- Masters in Sustainable Tourism Destinations and Territorial Tourism Planning for EAE.
This school offers programs in:
- Spanish (Spain)