Master in Bilingualism and Methodology CLIL
Languages play an increasingly important role and the combination of content and language curriculum gives students a better preparation for a society in which mobility is becoming a feature increasingly common labor.
Hence, in the last decade, bilingual programs have undergone tremendous development over the Spanish geography especially those based on the methodology CLIL. This has been the result of the commitment by European policies aimed at promoting multilingualism and an awareness of the need to learn foreign languages.
Currently, in the Madrid region is developing a project that encourages the creation of bilingual schools.
In order to carry out the progressive introduction of bilingual education in public schools and Primary Education of the Community of Madrid, since 2004, the Department for Education and Employment, by different orders call, has been annually selecting public schools and Primary Education where education is taught bilingual Spanish-English, up to the beginning of the academic year 2012-2013 a total of 300 centers.
Moreover, since 2008 have been selected and approved a total of 96 private centers for teaching bilingual in Spanish and English in Primary Education.
This fact justifies the demand and requirement of specialized teachers with high knowledge of the English language and a linguistic and methodological skills to teach the subject of English and other subjects in that language (knowledge of the environment, art education, etc.) And also become the precursors to the development of bilingual programs in their schools.
Who should do this course?
• Graduate Diploma and practitioners in the field of education of the specialties (nursery, primary, Music, Foreign Language and
Physical Education) and members of the education community interested in bilingual education.
- Develop the skills to present content in English as well as specific methodologies for students to acquire the contents in the subjects of Science, Arts ...
- Acquiring linguistic elements pronunciations and vocabulary necessary to require specific subjects Science, Arts ...
- Use appropriate language in the classroom to facilitate the understanding of concepts by students.
• Teachers with or without foreign language specialty who want to teach in this language their own curricular materials cycle.
- Apply a CLIL methodology for use in developing the content of the subjects of Science, Arts ...
- Represent and explain the content of these courses deepen students' learning.
- Answer questions specific to the content of these subjects and now unfamiliar.
- Extending the vocabulary of the subjects of Science, Arts ...