3 reasons to choose this Master
- Faculty made up of outstanding active professionals
- Professional internships provided by the School in leading companies in the sector
- Training in the leadership of communication in the globalized company
This Master’s degree will provide students with a deep understanding of the principles of global communication leadership and management within companies and organizations that operate in a fast-moving international context.
Students will gain the tools needed for communication and public relations in global entities of this nature and will also pay particular attention to the practices of diplomacy, institutional relations, and corporate communication as responses to the increasingly urgent need for companies to achieve social legitimacy.
The main objective of this course is to prepare future leaders of multinational businesses and global organizations to act as agents of change in the most important areas of corporate global communication.
The program meets the need for new communication leaders and managers with a global outlook and an up-to-date understanding of the best practices and the new tools needed to ensure that corporate objectives are aligned with those of society.
Faculty members include prestigious teachers and practitioners from the USA, the United Kingdom, and the rest of Europe.
The course is designed both for company professionals seeking a specialist, cutting edge training in the field and graduates interested in discovering the profession or consolidating their future, either in Spain or abroad, as communication leaders and managers for multinational businesses and global organizations.
The Program will focus on providing students with the following capabilities:
- To build strategies and use techniques suitable for the assessment and management of Corporate Communication, Public Relations, Public Affairs and Public Diplomacy in multinational companies.
- To manage effectively the communication challenges and the crisis communication plans, both inside and outside the organization.
- To create global Public Relations campaigns in the field of Public and Corporate Diplomacy, as well as of Corporate Social Responsibility, within the local and global context.
- To lead and motivate teams to conduct effective strategic communication projects in the international arena: employee engagement, community engagement, brand content, and storytelling, as well as media training, among others.
- To become a change agent, by aligning corporate values with the social changes
Module 1. Key aspects of global communication strategic management: Leadership and change management through global communication (8 ECTS)
- Management vs. Leadership in Global Communication and Public relations.
- Strategic planning and process of management. The functions of the Chief Communication Officer (CCO) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The structure of global communication in an international organization or business.
- The basic profession of communication: the challenge of creativity (content, storytelling, and experiences).
- Interactivity and ICT in global environments.
- Project management and communication of innovation. Change management. “Selling” new projects using fundraising strategies.
- Research methods in global communication and strategic planning.
- Stakeholder relations and global communication: commitment to audiences and social legitimacy.
Module 2. Management techniques in global organizational communication: Internal communication, culture and values, knowledge management and commitment to employees and suppliers (8 ECTS)
- Management of human resources vs. leadership of people. Internal communication and employee commitment.
- Organizational culture and values.
- The identification of needs for knowledge in an organization: how to provide the necessary resources. Creation of training programs.
- The attraction and retention of talent.
- The concept of a knowledge hub. The management of knowledge and the role of global communication and public relations.
- The commitment of external suppliers
Module 3. Trends and challenges in the management of global corporate communication: Corporate social responsibility, corporate diplomacy, commitment to the community and social legitimacy (8 ECTS)
- Confidence building in organizations. Reputation and legitimacy. Alignment with the 17 sustainable development objectives.
- Negotiation, mediation, and team building.
- Corporate social responsibility: special events and campaign management in the media.
- The importance of social media and bottom-up focus: symmetry in communication. The importance of social media in the creation of grassroots global communication campaigns.
- Social legitimation and commitment to the community.
- Global brands and reputation management.
- Risk management and crisis communication
- Corporate diplomacy and public affairs. Leadership and advocacy in a global context. The concept of cross-cultural communication in a global world.
- Strategic diplomacy and the aim of social legitimacy in companies and organizations.
Module 4. Relations with the media in a global environment: An overview of relationships with the media in the digital age (8 ECTS)
- Global communication and changing media and social media landscape in the digital age. Creating the optimal mix of digital and analogical tools in global communication strategies.
- The construction of alliances with interest and lobby groups, with an emphasis on communication media. The distribution of content.
- The empowering of people via new media and social networks.
- Relationships with the media: media relations and public opinion.
- Symmetrical communication. Giving a voice to the organization: media training and training to speak in public.
Module 5. Public relations and marketing communication in the global environment of the New Economy (8 ECTS)
- Marketing communication from the perspective of global communication and public relations. The architecture of the system constituted by an organization, its identity, image, and brands.
- The importance of symmetry in marketing communication.
- Global communication and e-commerce: the role of experience in digital marketing.
- Creating experiences: public relations and marketing via events.
- Brand content, storytelling, and experiences in marketing communication.
- Global communication and customer relationship management (CRM).
- The relationship between humans and machines: the solutions of artificial intelligence.
- Commitment to the customer and the consumer.
Module 6. Study trip and international professional stay in the United States, the UK and/or another country (Working Conference in USA) (10 ECTS)
Students will be taught to develop practical study methods in order to manage, lead and implement global communication projects in a cross-disciplinary project.
At the same time they will be taught to recognize, select and manage talent in workshops and professional sessions in global businesses and organizations, and also at centers of innovation and development in the USA, the UK and/or another country over a maximum of two weeks.
The organization of visits and the program will be covered by the Master’s program but the cost of trips and the stay abroad will be covered by students, who will pay for it directly, and independently of the Master’s program fees.
Module 7. Final Master’s Project (10 ECTS)
Presentation of a project that may consist of either a theoretical piece of research or a real process of global communication involving an organization or business, and puts the knowledge acquired during the Master’s into practice. Individual tutorials will be provided throughout the course to provide guidance and to monitor the development of the project.
- Global Chief Communications Officer (CCO)
- Global Public Relations Director
- Director of Global Corporate Communication
- Event Global Director
- Global Communication Project Manager
- Internal Communication Manager
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Manager
- Director of Public Affairs and Diplomacy Strategist
- Director of International Partnership and Sponsorship
- Senior Manager Communication
- Communication Senior Consultant
- Director of Communication Agency
- Global Brand Manager
- Faculty with a wide professional experience in communication and public relations in global entities, diplomacy, institutional relations, and corporate communication.
- Close cooperation with specialized institutions and organizations.
- Best professional practices.
An excellent education
- Professional specialisation.
- High demand in the labor market.
- Professional orientation at the end of the Master’s degree.
- Support from Blanquerna Alumni.
About the School
Blanquerna, as a plural university community, is inspired by the principles of the Christian humanism. It has the mission to provide an integral education in order to allow individuals to become compe ... Read More