With an increasingly mobile and globally connected population, the world is rapidly changing and faces many challenges. Education is increasingly borderless, and with this comes challenges of how to ensure quality. There is an increasing demand for appropriately trained professionals with an understanding of the challenges faced by education and globalisation as they interact together.
The Masters of Global Education uniquely provides in-depth knowledge, skills and understandings through both practice and theory-based modules, enabling its graduates to make a telling future contribution to shaping tomorrows global education needs.
Why Should I Study Global Education at XJLTU?
- Focus on global education development since the 2000s, with a special emphasis on China and is relevant to all countries’ global education development;
- The diverse modules cover topics from educational management and leadership to language and cross-culture communication;
- Highly-experienced academic staff with a wide variety of international backgrounds;
- Hands-on internship experience and professional mentorship as part of the programme learning;
- Earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Knowledge and Skills
By the time you graduate from the MA in Global Education, you will have:
- Developed intellectual qualities of reasoning, analysis and creativity;
- Gained an advanced critical understanding of key issues, concepts and theories of global education, and education management;
- Fostered abilities to conduct a research project, skills of enquiry and independent learning;
- Experienced diverse learning activities and gained teaching experience and capabilities through both mock and real-life teaching sessions.
- Globalisation & Education: Critical Perspectives
- Entrepreneurship, Education Innovation & International Education
- Principles, Policies, and Practices of Global Education
- The University of Tomorrow: Managing Change in Global Higher Education
- Education Leadership
- Educational Internship
- Culture & Learning
- Language and Power
- Education in the Asia-Pacific Region
- The Student Experience in Global Higher Education
Additional learning activities
The completion of additional learning activities is required to complete your masters degree. Normally, required ALA hours will be distributed evenly across each semester, amounting to 200 hours per semester. Part-time programmes will normally require 100 to 150 hours per semester.
Graduates from this programme are well prepared to start or advance their career in transnational education across a variety of fields. These include:
- K-12 international schools
- China-foreign cooperative universities or joint programmes
- NGOs with a focus on international education development
- Private educational start-ups enterprises
RMB 90,000 for the entire 18-month full-time programme.
University tuition fees cover the cost of your study with us.
If you are a graduate of XJTLU, the University of Liverpool or Xi’an Jiaotong University, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 per cent of the tuition fee.
Masters students have the option to pay tuition fees in instalments each semester. You can also choose to pay the fees upfront at the time of registration, in this case, a discount of five per cent of the total fees will be offered.
You will be asked to indicate how you would like to pay the fees when you confirm your acceptance of the unconditional offer.
XJTLU offers a generous scholarship of up to 50 per cent of the total tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes based on academic merit. Should you wish to apply for XJTLU master scholarship, please submit a scholarship application letter in your application stating the reasons why you should be considered.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Upper second class (2:1) honours
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai Ranking--75 per cent or above
- Non 211 project; Non-Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai ranking – 80- 85% per cent or above, depending on your Undergraduate institution
Note: Shanghai Ranking of The Best Chinese Universities is subject to annual update http://www.zuihaodaxue.com/zuihaodaxuepaiming2019.html
Chinese applicants are not required to take the MoE postgraduate entrance exam.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme.
- Equivalent academic qualifications.
- An undergraduate degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent) in any discipline.
English Language Requirements
Applicants who are not native speakers of English are expected to meet the following English language requirements:
- A minimum of 7.0 on the IELTS English language test, with no less than 6.0 on any individual component of the test;
- TOEFL iBT: 100 (minimum of 21 in any skill)
If you miss the English language requirements by 0.5 – 1.0 of an overall IELTS band but meet the language requirements for the Pre-sessional English (PSE) courses (including minimum component scores or equivalents), you may be accepted onto the PSE course subject to Programme Director’s approval. Upon successful enrolment on the PSE course, you will be able to change your XJTLU Master’s offer letter to ‘Unconditional’ for English level.
If you are a conditional offer holder, you can also send an email to email@example.com to apply to take the onsite Password English language test provided by XJTLU in lieu of an IELTS/TOEFL or its equivalent.
Please note that the Password Test is only available to students who have been issued a conditional offer to study at XJTLU. The University provides one Password Test opportunity for each conditional offer holder. Based on the score, students may be admitted or may be required to take and successfully complete the five- or eight-week intensive English presessional course.
Additionally, students who are admitted onto a Master’s programme by taking the Pre-sessional English (PSE) Course are required to complete English language modules listed on the Programme Specification on a pass/fail basis as part of their Additional Learning Activity plan during their studies at XJTLU.
"This programme offers advanced knowledge and experiential development to provide suitably qualified graduates and/or educators an opportunity to gain specialist skills, update their knowledge, and develop a deep understanding of Global Education at both the theoretical and practical level."
Dr Sarah Wang
How To Apply
Applications should be submitted via our online application system:
- Click/tap the apply link
- Create an account or log in to your existing account
- Complete your application
Once your application account is successfully created, enter all the information required in the application form carefully and make sure the information you provide is correct, complete and up to date. Upload the required documents to the corresponding fields.
You may log-in to view your application form at any time. If you need to provide any additional supporting documents after you submit the application online, please send the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org(with your application ID, name, and applied programme name).
For further details of how to successfully apply to study at XJTLU, please visit the how to apply page.
Note: This programme is subject to final validation from the University of Liverpool, and awaiting official recognition from the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China.
About the School
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is an international joint venture university founded by Xi’an Jiaotong University in China and the University of Liverpool in the United Kingdom in 2006. ... Read More