Choose Kingston's Game Development (Design) MA
This course, one of a suite of digital media courses, enables you to study professional digital media practice in a micro-studio environment with a focus on the design skills necessary for the field of games development. Through a student-centred project-based curriculum, you work as a games designer to develop your specialist skills while working as part of an interdisciplinary team with students from across the full programme.
- This course has been developed in consultation with our industry panel, which includes representatives from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, DreamWorks and Samsung Design Europe. We are also an active member of TIGA, the games industry's representative body, and the British Interactive Media Association (BIMA).
- This course has been designed to utilise the best digital media expertise and resources from across the University and will prepare you for employment in the digital media industry, where teams of specialists work together to develop and author innovative digital media projects.
What will you study?
Students on both courses will design and create computer games, alone and in teams, using industry-standard production management tools and techniques that stimulate a professional environment of collaboration to deliver a product on time. You will also develop vertical-slice prototypes using new technologies, such as computer vision and stereoscopy, and will learn how to present yourself to potential employers through your professional presence and portfolio.
Vertical slices, prototypes, demos, videos, presentations, design documents, essays.
Kingston University is an educational partner of Sony through PlayStation First.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. Those listed here may also be a mixture of core and optional modules.
- Digital Studio Practice
- Media Specialist Practice
- Game Design
- User Experience Design (Content)
- Digital Media Final Project
Learn a language
You will have the opportunity to study a foreign language, free of charge, during your time at the University as part of the Kingston Language Scheme. Options currently include Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
Cost & Fees
Home and European Union 2016/17
- MA part-time £3,465
- MA full-time £6,300
Overseas (not EU) 2016/17
- MA part-time £7,095
- MA full-time £12,900