Digital Graphics is concerned with virtual spaces and interactive environments. These are understood as the spaces of experience and may include combinations of the real and virtual, the spaces of publication, time-based media and the internet. Interaction within spaces can operate at differing scales and levels of material intervention.
The contemporary cultural context of globalisation and dematerialisation leads to all spaces becoming less physically site-specific and arising from this an imperative to redefine and rediscover the real meaning of place. Representation becomes central to this as both the site of design production and increases the site of its dissemination and discussion. In this way, the design of digital environments can be both the means to understanding our real experience of space or a means to explore other mixed or hybrid realities.
You will have access to a wide range of computer and digital imaging facilities to support you in developing your skills in imagining and building digital environments for communication. Industry links and live projects will help you place your work within a growing professional context.
Recent projects in Digital Graphics include mixed reality urban systems, web interfaces, web design and motion graphics.
- Diploma and transcript from your previous educational institution
- evidence of your ability in the English language (IELTS 6.5 or its equivalent) or certificate from a previous educational institution if the medium of instruction was English
- AAS Application form completed
- Reference letter
Important Dates and Information
- Duration: 13 months
- Educational Form: taught
- Education Variants: full-time
- Language: English
- Application Deadline: 20th December 2019
- Classes Start Date: 27th January 2020
- Award Body: University of Sunderland - UK
- British Degree: Master of Arts
About the School
AAS was established in 1990 and today is one of the biggest colleges in Thessaloniki. It is well-known for its high standard of education in Art & Design Studies.