MA Design that focuses in Animation allows practitioners in animation to explore opportunities that cross established boundaries or develop in-depth aspects of practice beyond usual levels. This postgraduate course aims to develop the student's personal philosophies on design with a view to developing a personal area of specialism.
Our Postgraduate Animation programme is an exciting course, which offers students a chance to fine-tune their animation skills under the supervision of industry professionals. This can range from creating brilliant character animation to creating an award winning animated film or developing amazing sound design skills. A 'statement of intent' is drawn up during the beginning of your studies, which forms the backbone of the postgraduate activity and provides a term of reference for assessable outcomes.
Successful applicants to this course will find themselves part of a larger postgraduate community, which will reflect and include a wide variety of interest’s right across the Design spectrum. Furthermore, students should be able to demonstrate an ability to critically examine, analyse and evaluate contextual and philosophical issues relating to their intended programme of study. Students from Animation have gone on to work in the industry as both animators and creative directors.
- Diploma and transcript from your previous educational institution
- evidence of your ability in English language (IELTS 6.5 or its equivalent) or certificate from previous educational institution if medium of instruction was English
- AAS Application form completed
- Reference letter
Important Dates and Information
- Duration: 13 months
- Educational Form: taught
- Education Variants: fulltime
- Language: English
- Application Deadline: 30th August 2019
- Induction Start Date: 1st October 2019
- Classes Start Date: 7th October 2019
- Award Body: University of Sunderland - UK
- British Degree: Master of Arts