MA Creative Entrepreneurship
Have you ever had an idea that could form the basis of new business and that you would like to see succeed at scale in the real world? Designed and delivered by a team of experienced industry-based tutors and mentors, our postgraduate creative entrepreneurship degree will extend and enhance your current knowledge and skills, giving you the edge needed to found a lean creative startup or access a promising career as a creative leader. You will learn to develop and blend your knowledge and skills in creativity, innovation and enterprise through a project-led process involving action learning, action research and reflective practice.
Our MA provides you with a “start-up” environment where you can develop an idea into a viable business venture in the creative industries. To benefit fully from the MA you should:
- be an entrepreneurial musician, writer, or technologist with 1 year’s relevant experience and a bachelors degree (2.2 minimum) or 4 years relevant experience and a Level 3+ qualification
- have English language competency equivalent to CEFR Level C1 (7.0 overall, 6.5 in each category). If English is not your first language. More information is available here International Students.
- be able to provide professional references, if applying based on your professional experience.
Send your current CV and a written document of approximately 700 words answering one of the following questions:
- Describe and evaluate innovation in the creative industries with which you have been involved. Provide a DVD or a web link to the innovation itself. If available, a link to a website or blog that reviews this innovation would also be useful. Identify the genre, audience or market and any other relevant information. Examples could include: developing a new original product, a new service or creating a new experience, platform or network. Explain your own contribution to this innovation and summarise what you learned through your involvement.
- Describe and evaluate your expertise as a Content Creator for the creative industries e.g. composer, songwriter, author, writer, copywriter. If you have a level 6 qualification you should provide evidence of 12 months expertise. If you do not have a level 6 qualification you should provide evidence of experience for a period of 3 years. Please provide a DVD or a web link to the creative content itself, and links to any reviews.
- Describe and evaluate your expertise as a Platform developer, programmer or curator and social network developer for the creative industries. If you have a level 6 qualification you should provide evidence of 12 months expertise. If you do not have a level 6 qualification you should provide evidence of experience for a period of 3 years. Please provide a DVD or a web link to the creative content itself, and links to any reviews.
Our admissions team will invite successful applicants to either a group or individual interview, scheduled throughout the year.
The group interview will consist of:
- Short Collaborations
- Constructive Positive Review
- Career goals
The individual interview will consist of:
- Skills awareness
- Role fluidity
- Learning from experience
- Career goals
Places will be allocated against entry criteria on a first-come, first-served basis.
LCCM is conducting Open Days on 17th August & 8th September all at 1 pm – 4 pm.