Choose Kingston's Advertising & the Creative Economy MA
If you would like to develop your career or create your own business in the advertising sector, this course is ideal. It will help you to explore and understand creativity and its management not only in the advertising sector but also across a wide range of the creative industries, while also equipping you with entrepreneurial skills.
This MA is an intensive, collaborative masters which combine the creativity of advertising with the business know-how to get your ideas off the ground. It is suitable for graduates and industry professionals alike. It is interdisciplinary and extremely practical.
What will you study?
By the end of the course, you will be equipped with an in-depth knowledge of the advertising world and acquired the practical and entrepreneurial skills needed to succeed in this creative industry.
In addition, you will explore a wide range of advertising and communications methods such as social media, gamification, brand advocacy and engagement. You will also cover sales promotion, public relations and interactive marketing and marketing planning.
A mix of project work and formal assessments, including essays, case studies, reports and presentations, plus the final Personal Research Project (maximum 12,000 words).
Why study a Creative Economy course?
Our Creative Economy masters courses give you the opportunity to gain a range of knowledge and experience, including:
- Gain entrepreneurial skills – help create start-ups and pitch ideas to real industry bosses at a "Dragons' Den", and visit a wide variety of entrepreneurial businesses.
- Brush up on practical workplace skills such as data collation, review and synopsis.
- Our students come from all over the world to study on Kingston's creative economy courses, so you will finish the course with an international network of contacts.
- Excellent teaching – the Managing in the Creative Economy MA course was ranked as one of the best entrepreneurship masters in the world by the Eduniversal masters ranking 2015/16, and Kingston Business School is one of only a few of the 120 UK business schools to be awarded an 'excellent' rating for its teaching quality by the Higher Education Funding Council.
- Regular visits from industry experts and entrepreneurs, field trips to entrepreneurial businesses and events that connect the creative industry to the local community and give you a valuable network.
- Students can add study at the prestigious Boston University to their programme and gain a dual masters degree.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 percent of the world's business schools.
For the core modules, you will study with students from across all the creative industries programmes. For the specialist modules, you will study alongside fellow advertising students.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list.
- Mapping the Creative Economy
- Conducting Collaborative Creativity
- Personal Research/Gaining Insights
- Design Thinking for Start-ups
- Elements of the Communications Mix
- Marketing Communications and Advertising
Learn a language
You will have the opportunity to study a foreign language, free of charge, during your time at the University as part of the Kingston Language Scheme. Options currently include Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
Cost & Fees
Home and European Union 2016/17
- MA full time £8,200
- MA part time £4,510
Overseas (not EU) 2016/17
- MA full time £13,300
- MA part time £7,315
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 28, 2018