This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- An opportunity to understand and appreciate the combination of technology with management.
- A platform to produce capable managers who can effectively manage the dynamic changes that technology makes at all levels.
- An understanding of the needs of management in decision-making.
- An overall appreciation of the manner in which an organisation’s strategic business plan drives its technology strategy and infrastructure.
Full-time (12-18 Months)
Part-time (2-5 years)
Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia & Staffordshire University, UK
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent as acceptable by the Senate; OR
- Evidence of satisfactory English language skills is required for candidates where English is not their first language, such as IELTS 6.5 or above.
Who should attend
This programme is geared towards graduates from technical programmes such as engineering and computer science who wish to master managerial skills that are relevant to their background. This programme also appeals to non-technical managers and executives who are increasingly required to manage technology and technical personnel as part of their managerial responsibilities. Graduates seeking senior management careers in high technology or technology-intensive businesses are also encouraged to enrol in this programme.
The Benefits of This Programme
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate professional competencies in one or more specialist branches of Technology Management.
- Draw upon the body of theoretical and technical knowledge available and be able to use this to professional advantage.
- Communicate effectively in technical and professional environments.
- Show initiative and independence of thought in technical project planning and design.
- Appreciate how an efficient technology-based infrastructure is a key factor in enabling a business to gain a competitive edge.
- Illustrate how technology can support strategies to enhance corporate goals.
- Critically analyse, design and evaluate possible developments in a specialised area of discipline in order to further the knowledge and understanding of a technology management environment.
Modules & Project/Dissertation
The programme comprises nine coursework modules, the Research Methodology Module and a major dissertation. The modules take into consideration issues of quality, management of innovation and technological change. In addition, internationalisation and global perspectives are considered, and focus is given to strategic management in order to enhance the coherence of the programme.
||Elective Modules* (choose 2)
- Managing Creativity and Innovation
- Knowledge Management
- New Product Development & Innovation
- Statistical Decision Making
- Research Methodology
- Technology Management
- Technology, Culture and People: A Global Perspective
- Integrated System Management OR Data Management
- Strategic Marketing Management OR Marketing and Sustainability in the Age of Globalisation
*Elective modules may be pre-selected for students at the beginning of the semester. If students wish to change these pre-selected elective modules, they can choose from the available modules offered in the semester OR among the intensive delivery modules - however, such changes may prolong the study duration.
You are encouraged to complete industry-based major projects/dissertations where possible. However, the emphasis must be placed on an effective demonstration of how the application of computer-related technology can be part of the business environment. It is expected that the project would devise, recommend or implement innovative solutions to the problem areas.
MALAYSIAN STUDENT FEES:
Total: RM 29,500 + £250
HIDE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FEES:
Total: RM 36,800 (USD 8,770) + £250
All information is correct at the time of publication but is subject to change in the interest of continuous improvement.
Program taught in: