What is MSE?
International full-time Master’s programme
MSE (Master of Space Engineering) is an international full-time Master’s programme in space engineering that starts at Technische Universität Berlin in April each year. The aim of the programme is to educate systems engineers equipped to become leaders in the space industry.
At the Chair of Space Technology of TU Berlin
The course is offered by the Chair of Space Technology at Technische Universität Berlin and combines excellent teaching in space technology with project management and intercultural skills. The entire programme, over four semesters, is taught in English.
Highly project-oriented Master’s programme
The Master’s programme which comprises 120 credit points in total is highly project-oriented and designed to prepare students for the requirements of the global space industry. Students have the chance to be involved in challenging satellite projects, working within intercultural teams. Especially, they benefit from the worldwide leading expertise and network of TU Berlin in the field of small satellites. Interdisciplinary subjects, such as project management, communications training, entrepreneurship and innovation management complement the curriculum.
Internship experience in the European space industry
Furthermore, the opportunity to gain internship experience in the European space industry will be provided. After graduation, students are equipped with skills, experience, and a strong network to boost their space career either in Europe, in their home country or anywhere else.
Why study space engineering?
The global space market is experiencing continuous growth since space technology and business is one of the key fields of national competence and economic growth.
The factors for growth can be summarized as follows:
- Developing new technologies which enable new opportunities for e.g. small satellites
- Unlocking new markets and applications such as space tourism
- Commercialization opportunities in space due to easier and more flexible access to space
- Continuous growth of spaceborne disaster monitoring, defense, and security applications
Small satellite technology
Especially the technology of small satellites is gaining continuously increasing importance in the future. And this is exactly what the research and education of the Chair of Space Technology are focused on.
Increasing demand for young professionals
The space sector is looking for young professionals with excellent knowledge in space technology and furthermore with intercultural and interdisciplinary skills.
How will you benefit from the MSE study programme?
MSE train students to lead the global trend of space technology and business.
- Benefit from the worldwide leading expertise and experience of Technische Universität Berlin in the field of small satellite technology.
- Learn from the professional, experienced and committed lecturers from the university and European space industry.
- Boost their intercultural communication skills together with the international participants during challenging projects and missions.
- Expand their portfolio with interdisciplinary courses to be prepared for the requirement of the space industry.
Master’s in Space Engineering candidates need to have:
- Previous degree (at least Bachelor’s equivalent)
- English proficiency, proved by one of the following:
- Internationally recognized English language certificate – e.g. TOEFL, IELTS or comparable. The minimum score for the TOEFL is 80 for the Internet-based test and 550 for the paper-based test. The IELTS examination is accepted with a 6 band score (academic modules).
- Bachelor’s degree completed in Australia, Canada, Great Britain, USA, Ireland or New Zealand.
- English as a mother tongue.
- Minimum of one year’s work experience gained after graduation (including relevant internship periods)
- Completed application, including all required documents.
Program taught in: