This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- An opportunity for professional development at an advanced level within the area of software engineering.
- Enhancement of skills and knowledge in specialist areas for practising IT professionals.
- The ability to undertake large-scale IT software development projects.
- The necessary skills to participate effectively in the design and implementation of software systems of high quality and reliability.
Full-time (12 Months)
Part-time (2-5 years)
Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia & Staffordshire University, UK
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Science and related areas with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent as acceptable by the Senate; OR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent but for CGPA below 2.75; can be accepted provided that the candidates must have five years working experience in relevant field.
- Graduates of equivalent qualifications who have several years of relevant industry experience.
- Evidence of satisfactory English language skills is required for candidates where English is not their first language, such as IELTS 6.0 or above or TOEFL 550 or above.
Who should attend
This programme is geared towards practising software engineers within the industry who seek formal qualifications in software engineering. In addition, IT professionals and managers who wish to upgrade their technical software engineering knowledge and IT skills to postgraduate level will find this programme attractive.
The Benefits of This Programme
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to :
- Undertake and effectively manage largescale and complex software development projects.
- Participate in the design and implementation of software systems of high quality and reliability.
- Appreciate problems and suggest solutions associated with the development of software systems.
- Contribute to the advancement and development of software engineering theories and practices.
- Appreciate how an efficient technology-based infrastructure is a key factor in enabling a business to gain a competitive edge.
Modules & Project/Dissertation
The programme comprises nine coursework modules, the Research Methodology module and a major dissertation. There are seven compulsory Core Modules, and you will have to choose three electives from those listed.
|Elective Modules* (choose 3)
- Managing Software Development Projects
- Reliability Management
- Object-Oriented Software Systems Engineering
- Software Engineering Support Environments
- Software Quality Engineering
- Security Technologies
- Research Methodology
*Elective modules may be pre-selected for students at the beginning of the semester. If students wish to change these pre-selected elective modules, they can choose from the available modules offered in the semester OR among the intensive delivery modules - however, such changes may prolong the study duration.
- Internet Applications
- Network Design & Performance
- Big Data Analytics and Technologies
- Data Analytical Programming
You are encouraged to complete industry-based major projects/ dissertations that are directly relevant to your work and your organisation or any substantial idea from the modules taken. The project emphasis should involve the derivation of criteria for the selection of software engineering processes, methods and tools. It would be expected that a software prototype, review of current practices or specifications should be produced.
MALAYSIAN STUDENT FEES:
Total: RM 29,500 + £250
HIDE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FEES:
Total: RM 36,800 (USD 8,770) + £250
All information is correct at the time of publication but is subject to change in the interest of continuous improvement.
Program taught in: