School of Engineering and Digital Sciences
Nazarbayev University’s School of Engineering and Digital Sciences (NU SEDS) has designed all of its programs to revolutionize the traditional engineering and science learning environment of lectures and laboratories to include modern components that engage students in project-based exercises in critical thinking.
As world-class leaders in STEM education, all NU SEDS graduates enter the global marketplace as highly skilled experts in their chosen field of study. Our graduates go on to become innovators who overcome the obstacles in Central Asia and Eurasia’s advanced technology industries.
The SEDS promotes a mission of utilizing advanced technologies and research to shape student expertise and train them in critical thinking and inventive design.
Graduates of NU SEDS are coveted in the global engineering and digital science community because of our students’ interdisciplinary perspectives essential to advancing modern industry and infrastructure.
About the program
The program intends to prepare graduates for jobs in growing priority sectors in Kazakhstan, including multiple manufacturing sectors, such as machinery, energy, chemistry, electronics, and innovation. Graduates of the program will have advanced research skills that would enable them to explore important questions in intelligent systems and make significant ongoing contributions in technologically diverse and dynamic economic environments.
The two-year 120 ECTS credit MSc Program in Robotics is designed to prepare students for work as professional scientists and engineers who can contribute to academia, public policy, and private business fields in the interdisciplinary field of robotics. Graduates will develop an advanced understanding of the critical issues involved in the design of robotic systems in a global economy as well as of the emerging proliferation of robotics in the service sector.
The first year of the program consists of compulsory core courses to give a solid fundament for the research-intensive second year. The students take elective courses at the beginning of the second year of studies to specialize in their area of interest.
- Campus: Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
- Language: English
- Delivery mode: Full time, on-campus
- Duration: 2 years
- Total ECTS credits: 120
The curriculum was designed with respect to electrical, mechanical and artificial intelligence aspects of the modern robotics systems. Graduates will develop an advanced understanding of the critical issues involved in the design of robotic systems in a global economy as well as of the emerging proliferation of robotics in the service sector.
Elective courses offered in the program are Human-Robot Interaction, Mobile Robotics, Robotic Motion Planning, Humanoid Robotics, Biorobotics, and Industrial Robotics.
- Completion of the on-line application form by the applicant.
- The undergraduate degree program in an appropriate field or discipline with a minimum CGPA of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale).
- IELTS – overall score 6.5, with no less than a 6.0 in any subsection, for full admission or the TOEFL equivalent.
- A statement of purpose for graduate studies.
- Two letters of reference.
Work after graduation
Possible career destinations:
- Data analyst
- BI analyst
- Data processing engineer
- Data Architect
- Data Explorer
Strategic partners of Nazarbayev University
- Duke University, Fuqua School of Business (USA)
- The National University of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy (Singapore)
- The University of Pennsylvania (USA)
- The University of Cambridge (UK)
- Colorado School of Mines (USA)
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison (USA)
- The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (USA)
- The Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (USA)
- The Oak Ridge Associated Universities (USA)
About the School
Located in Nur-Sultan City, Kazakhstan, in Central Asia, Nazarbayev University is a research university with growing international renown combining education and innovation on a state of the art 21st- ... Read More