A program delivered in partnership with Cambridge Digital Innovation at Hughes Hall, University of Cambridge.
Designed for professionals with a STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) background, the MME TIME provides you with the skills and tools needed to succeed in the digitized economy. The program is offered by one of the leading integrated universities of technology in Europe, RWTH Aachen University, with close to 150 years of expertise in producing cutting-edge research and Cambridge Digital Innovation at Hughes Hall, University of Cambridge.
In the course of the program, you will learn the latest developments in laser technologies, digital and additive manufacturing, robotics, big data technologies, sustainable energy technologies, and many more. These technological modules will be accompanied by a profound management education where you will learn how to leverage and commercialize these technologies successfully.
Graduates of the program will have a truly interdisciplinary mindset that is necessary for solving the great technological, managerial, and societal challenges of our time.
Hence, the program is ideally suited for professionals with a STEM background that wish to deepen their knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies, but also aim for a management position in their next career step. An entirely distinctive element is the possibility to tailor the program to the needs and interests of the participants. The program is organized around your individual needs, allowing you to study full-time or part-time and to complete the courses from your home location or on campus.
Enjoy a unique learning experience
Our educational approach aims to equip you with an integrated understanding of management, engineering, and technology that will help you to become a technology leader – either in a managerial or entrepreneurial role. While the program allows you to choose among a great variety of courses, all courses follow a similar teaching and learning philosophy. First of all, it is based on the latest blended learning technologies where digital techniques and tools are combined with physical sessions to deliver an optimal learning experience.
- Hands-on experience: In most courses, you will have the opportunity to work on real-world managerial or technological challenges, enabling you to apply the knowledge gleaned in class and gain hands-on experiences.
- Interdisciplinary mindset: Most courses of the program focus on the intersection between management and technology, enabling you to tackle real-world challenges from multiple perspectives and providing you with a truly interdisciplinary mindset.
- Personalized education: The program organizes around your individual needs, allowing you to study full-time or part-time and to complete the courses from your home location or on-campus in Aachen and Cambridge.
- Intercultural teams: As working in multicultural teams is a given in today’s world, most courses will feature group projects where you can solve managerial and technological challenges in culturally diverse teams.
- Participant-centered learning: All courses are based on a participant-centered approach that emphasizes interaction between teachers and students through case discussions, group presentations, debates, or lab sessions.
Become part of leading innovation ecosystems
RWTH Aachen University
The core part of the curriculum is delivered by RWTH Aachen University.
Germany has a worldwide reputation for engineering excellence and RTWH Aachen University is synonymous with German engineering. Become part of Aachen’s research culture and attend courses focused on management as well as cutting-edge developments in laser technologies, digital and additive manufacturing, robotics, big-data and many more.
University of Cambridge
The program takes you to England where you can complete a Cambridge Ecosystem Practicum delivered by Cambridge Digital Innovation (CDI) at Hughes Hall, University of Cambridge. The University of Cambridge is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in the world and a powerhouse for innovation in research. This module will allow you to experience history, tradition, and cutting-edge science and technology. Lectures, seminars, and workshops on innovation ecosystems will be combined with campus tours and company visits in Silicon Fen as well as true classics of Cambridge – punting and formal dining!
The MME TIME program takes you to some of the most exciting innovation ecosystems in the world and allows you to study at several world-class universities and research institutes working on the frontiers of the digital transformation.
Your Career Prospects
Completing the MME TIME program will prepare you for a successful career at the intersection of management and technology. In the program, you will learn how to combine deep technological and managerial knowledge so that you can contribute to solving the grand challenges of our time in a truly interdisciplinary fashion. As a graduate of one of Germany’s most prestigious universities of technology and its innovative business school, you will speak the language of both engineers and managers. This will position you to work at the exciting interface of management and technology.
- Engineering or Management Consulting: You are responsible for planning and implementing complex consulting projects in technology or management fields.
- Product Management: You are responsible for the development of technical products or service systems.
- Business Development: You are responsible for the development and implementation of new business models and ideas.
- Technology and Innovation Management: You are responsible for the R&D and the strategic innovation processes.
- Technology Marketing and Sales: Your are responsible for the creation of marketing and sales strategies for high-tech products and services.
- Project Management: You have the supervision and responsibility of complex technical projects.
The M.Sc. degree granted by RWTH Aachen University will also enable you to pursue an academic career and continue studying towards a PhD in fields such as technology and innovation management, marketing, or entrepreneurship.
Whichever path you choose to follow after graduation, our dedicated team of experts in the career and entrepreneurship centers will accompany you on that journey and help you decide how to best realize your ambitions. We seek to place our graduates in global technology blue chips, hidden technology champions, leading technology consultancies and fast-growing technology ventures. The Entrepreneurship Center at RWTH Aachen University also has a long track record of supporting innovative startups by our graduates – between 70 to 100 every year.
Customize your learning experience
The MME-TIME program offers you a profound management education accompanied by a broad set of elective courses on the latest developments in state-of-the-art technologies. The 18-month program consists of four key building blocks, which you may customize to design your individual profile. In addition, you may enrol in German language courses at no extra cost.
TIME Essentials (30 CP)
TIME Essentials (30 credit points to be completed in semester 1):
The TIME Essentials comprise six required courses that enable you to understand the managerial aspects of conceiving, developing and commercializing technological innovations. This includes a team project that allows you to put your learning into practice.
Technology Electives (15-20 CP)
Technology Electives (15-20 credit points to be completed in semesters 2 and 3):
To dive deeply into selected technology fields, you can select from three to four courses from a rich portfolio of more than 20 distinct technology electives. These can be categorized into eight technology fields: laser technologies, production technologies, robotic technologies, information technologies, material technologies, sustainable energy technologies, sustainable water technologies and human technologies.
Management Electives (20-25 CP)
Management Electives (20-25 credit points to be completed in semesters 2 and 3):
You can select four or five out of seven management electives with two each being allocated to the three specializations labelled “Technology Manager”, “Technology Marketer” and “Technology Entrepreneur”. The remaining management elective, the Cambridge Ecosystem Practicum, brings you to the University of Cambridge to explore first-hand a world-leading technology ecosystem.
Master‘s Thesis (20 CP)
Master Thesis (20 credit points to be completed in semester 3):
By writing a Master Thesis at the end of the program, you demonstrate your ability to solve a managerial or technological challenge using the knowledge acquired during the program and the methods of scientific inquiry.
German Language Courses
(one course to be completed in semesters 1 and 2):
Learning another language is an important part of a successful career. Becoming proficient in German is also an essential precondition for succeeding on the German job market, both for an internship during your studies or a permanent position thereafter. As an extra offer within the MME TIME program, we offer the option to complete an intensive German language course (either in semester 1 or 2) to broaden your cultural understanding and enhance your career options. The costs for the course are covered by your tuition fees. You may be able to enrol in further language courses in semester 3 and 4 at your own convenience.
The MME TIME is a winner of the national competition for digitally enabled university education - “Curriculum 4.0”
Benefit from personalized career services
Building and modelling our students’ future career is one of our key strengths. RWTH International Academy has set itself the goal to empower the students to have a smooth job entry or further develop their career after their studies of our MME-TIME study program.
“MME-TIME graduates will be well positioned to excel as entrepreneurs, managers, or consultants at the intersection of management and technology.”
- Access to a strong network of various industries and business fields
- Online job platform which enables matching and direct contact with future employers
- Individual career coaching and professional orientation
- Application training and workshops:
- How to apply in Germany
- CV and Cover letter training
- Job interview training
- Field trips
- Company presentations and lectures on campus
- Networking and recruiting events
Application deadline for European applicants: 15 July 2019
To apply for the MME TIME, you need to prove different academic and English language requirements.
RWTH Business School is looking for applicants who have a background in a technological area and a Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field (science, technology, engineering and mathematics). Applicants need a minimum of 15 credit points in higher mathematics and statistics as well as 125 credit points mathematics and natural sciences (e.g. chemistry and/or physics), and/or computer science and/or engineering, all of which are defined in the examination regulations.
The MME TIME has been designed for students who want to position themselves at the intersection of management and technology. Student should thus possess some basic knowledge in management and economics as evidenced by at least 10 credit points in this field. Students without previous courses in this field, however, can take part in the online course “Management Bootcamp” before the MME TIME program begins.
Professional Work Experience
Courses within the MME TIME program also address a broad set of technology and management challenges from current practice. Applicants thus need to have at least 12 months of professional work experience by the moment of enrollment (6 months by the moment of application).
Blended Learning Experience
The program uses the latest blended learning technologies that combine digitally enabled and self-paced learning with highly interactive sessions in the classroom. Applicants need to embrace this innovative learning approach as a means to both deepen and customize the learning experience
English Language Requirements
For all of our master’s programmes certified proof of your competence in the English language through the completion of one of the accepted examinations listed below is needed:
- TOEFL Internet based minimum of 90 pts/Paper based minimum of 577 pts.,
- IELTS (Academic) test minimum overall band 5,5 pts.,
- Cambridge Test – Certificate in Advanced English (CAE),
- First Certificate in English (FCE), completed with a B,
- Placement-Test of RWTH Aachen University’s language centre (B2).
- For German applicants: A certificate attesting English language skills at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). This proof is provided, for example, by the submission of a German Abitur certificate, which shows that English has been continuously taught until the end of qualification phase 1 (grade 11 for G8 A-levels, otherwise grade 12) and has been completed with at least sufficient marks.
The score reports must not be older than two years by 1 August of the year the degree course you are applying for will start.
A scanned copy of the score reports needs to be uploaded to the online application system. Please do not send the original TOEFL or IELTS score sheets to the university (also not via ETS). In case of admission, the original scores have to be presented for enrolment in August.
Exemptions for the language requirements are only applicable for nationals or first degree holders from the USA, the UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia.
- Gather all documents from our online checklist as PDF in advance.
- Create an online application account at our online portal: www.rwth-aachen.de/ioam. The application portal will remain open until 1th of March every year for applicants from outside Europe and until 15th of July for European applicants.
- Answer the questions at our online portal and upload the required documents.
- Complete the online application through “send”.
- Print, Sign and send the online generated application form via post to RWTH Aachen Business School.
- You will receive a confirmation mail as soon as we will have received your postal documents.
- Wait for the mail of Admission or Rejection.
We strongly encourage you to apply as early as possible, as applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Degree: Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Focus: Technology, Innovation, Marketing and Entrepreneurship with in-depth exposure to cutting-edge technology fields
- Duration: 3 semesters full-time or up to six semesters part-time
- Teaching: Unique blend of digitally enabled teaching and highly interactive on-campus experiences
- Target Group: Young professionals with a STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) background
- Credit Points: 90 ECTS
- Tuition Fees: 30.000 € (+ social contribution fee at RWTH Aachen approx. 280 € per semester)
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / +49 (0) 241 80 27616