This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- An opportunity to demonstrate how the application of computer-related technology is an integral part of an efficient business environment.
- An emphasis on the understanding of how an effective computer system is a key factor in enabling a business to gain a competitive and strategic edge.
- An overall consideration of how IT can be managed in the organisation.
- An understanding of how strategic IT frameworks can be established to enhance the capability of the organisation.
Full-time (12 Months)
Part-time ( 2-5 years)
Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia & Staffordshire University, UK
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Science and related areas with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent as acceptable by the Senate; OR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent but for CGPA below 2.75; can be accepted provided that the candidates must have five years working experience in relevant field.
- Graduates of equivalent qualifications who have several years of relevant industry experience.
- Evidence of satisfactory English language skills is required for candidates where English is not their first language, such as IELTS 6.0 or above or TOEFL 550 or above.
Who should attend
This programme is geared towards industry or business professionals who are seeking to develop their careers in the management of technological systems and/or their production for the benefit of organisations. Managers within organisations where information technology plays a vital role in the managerial functions and the efficient operation of the organisation will find this programme very useful.
The Benefits of This Programme
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate professional competencies in one or more specialist branches of IT Management
- Draw upon the body of theoretical and technical knowledge available and be able to use this to professional advantage
- Communicate effectively in technical and professional environments
- Show initiative and independence of thought in technical project planning and design
- Appreciate how an efficient technology-based infrastructure is a key factor in enabling a business to gain a competitive edge
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of the importance of IT in the development of systems
- Develop an appreciation of the management context within which software and IT systems are developed
- Critically analyse, design and evaluate possible developments in a specialised area of discipline in order to further the knowledge and understanding of an IT management environment
Programme Modules & Project/Dissertation
The programme comprises nine coursework modules, the Research Methodology Module and a major dissertation.
There are 10 compulsory Core Modules and you will have to choose 1 elective from those listed.
|Core Modules||Elective Modules* (choose 1)|
You are encouraged to complete industry-based major projects/dissertations that are relevant to your work and organisation or any substantial idea from the modules taken. The project should emphasise how an effective computer system is a key factor in enabling a business to gain a competitive and strategic edge. This would usually involve devising, recommending or implementing an innovative solution to a problem area.
MALAYSIAN STUDENT FEES:
Total: RM 29,500 + £250
HIDE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FEES:
Total: RM 36,800 (USD 8,770) + £250
All information is correct at the time of publication but is subject to change in the interest of continuous improvement.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 28, 2018