M.Sc. in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Portable design and operation of modern industrial and service systems require integration of human, material, equipment and financial resources. In recent years this integration has become tighter due to the inclusion of information technology and resulted in more complex systems.
Industrial Engineering research focuses on quantitative analysis, synthesis, and management of such complex systems. The limited faculty members come from the Industrial Engineering department of the College of Engineering, the Operations and Information Systems group of the College of Administrative Sciences and Economics, and other related fields.
Our research areas are diverse, including Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Service Operations, Production Systems, Stochastic Processes, Financial Engineering, Mathematical Programming, Data Mining, and Bioinformatics.
The programs are built on the basic methodologies of operations research and their applications in manufacturing, distribution and service industries. Graduates of the M.S. program have been placed in respectable Ph.D. programs in North America, Europe, and Turkey as well as various professional positions in the industry since 2003. The first graduates of the Ph.D. program were produced in 2009 and they are pursuing their academic career either through a post-doc program or by joining respectable universities in Turkey or abroad.
While our M.S. program provides a strong foundation for academic studies in terms of Industrial Engineering knowledge as well as developing research skills, our Ph.D. program provides advanced education emphasizing the discovery of new scientific knowledge through extensive research experience. The aim is to produce competitive research results and educate the future leaders of the profession. The potential opportunities for graduates of the programs are diverse and include:
For M.S. graduates, continuing their graduate studies with the best Ph.D. programs worldwide,
For Ph.D. students, starting their academic career in respectable universities worldwide;
- employment in private and government organizations where they can provide the necessary technical and managerial expertise and leadership;
- starting new business ventures in industry or in services.
- Data Mining
- Financial Engineering
- Optimization Theory and Algorithms
- Production Systems and Scheduling
- Service Operations
- Supply Chain Management
- Personal and Educational Background Information (CV)
- Recommendation Letters (2 for MSc, 3 for Ph.D.) (3 for MS in Molecular Biology and Genetics)
- (Recommendation Letters for Electrical and Electronics Engineering should be sent directly from the referee with signature through e-mail.)
- TOEFL, IELTS or UDS&KPDS Requirement (for those whose native language is not English)
New Internet-Based: Minimum Score 80
Computer Based: Minimum Score 213
Paper Based: Minimum Score 550
IELTS: Minimum Score 6,5
UDS / KPDS / YDS: 87
- ALES scores (required for all Turkish nationals)
- GRE scores (required from Foreign students; optional for Turkish students)
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 23, 2017