M.Sc. in Computer Science
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- A broad understanding and knowledge of computing science, and an enhanced ability to apply this within industry or commerce
- In depth knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies and further develop the ability to apply them
- The ability to undertake large-scale IT solution projects
- The skills necessary to develop a systems view of business problems including analysis of problems, design and delivery of comprehensive technical solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Science and related areas with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent as acceptable by the Senate; OR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent but for CGPA below 2.50; can be accepted provided that the candidates must have 5 years working experience in relevant field.
- Graduates of equivalent qualifications who have several years of relevant industry experience.
- Evidence of satisfactory English language skills is required for candidates where English is not their first language, such as IELTS 6.0 or above or TOEFL 550 or above.
Who should attend
This programme is geared towards graduates from technical programmes such as engineering and computer science who wish to master managerial skills that are relevant to their background.
This programme also appeals to non-technical managers and executives who are increasingly required to manage technology and technical personnel as part of their managerial responsibilities. Graduates seeking senior management careers in high technology or technology intensive businesses are also encouraged to enrol in this programme.
The Benefits of This Programme
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to :
- Develop academic qualities to relate, understand, apply and adapt fundamental Computer Science theory and principles and be able to present these in a professional format to a wide audience
- Research the problems associated with the development of computing systems and propose effective solutions
- Critically analyse, design and evaluate current developments in a specialized area of the Computer Science discipline in order to further the knowledge and understanding in the environment
- Appreciate how an efficient technology-based infrastructure is a key factor in enabling a business to gain a competitive edge
Programme Modules & Project / Dissertation
The programme comprises 7 coursework modules, the Personal Development and Research Methods Module and a major project/dissertation. The modules take into consideration issues of quality, management of innovation and technological change. In addition, internationalisation and global perspectives are considered and focus is given to strategic management in order to enhance the coherence of the programme.
There are 1 compulsory Core Modules and you will have to choose 7 electives from those listed.
|Core Modules||Optional Modules*(choose 7)|
|*The Personal Development and Research Methods will be studied in the Postgraduate Diploma stage of the award.||*Optional modules are offered based on a pre-defined sequence and should students select their own set of preferred options, the duration to completion may be extended.|
This school offers programs in:
- Full time (16 months)
- Part time (2 - 5 years)
Cost & Fees
- Malaysian Student Fees:
Total: RM 29,500 + £250
- International Student Fees:
Total: RM 36,800 (USD 9,200) + £250
- 26 September 2016
- 24 June 2016
- 19 August 2016
- 14 October 2016