School of Engineering and Digital Sciences
Nazarbayev University’s School of Engineering and Digital Sciences (NU SEDS) has designed all of its programs to revolutionize the traditional engineering and science learning environment of lectures and laboratories to include modern components that engage students in project-based exercises in critical thinking.
As world-class leaders in STEM education, all NU SEDS graduates enter the global marketplace as highly skilled experts in their chosen field of study. Our graduates go on to become innovators who overcome the obstacles in Central Asia and Eurasia’s advanced technology industries.
The SEDS promotes a mission of utilizing advanced technologies and research to shape student expertise and train them in critical thinking and inventive design.
Graduates of NU SEDS are coveted in the global engineering and digital science community because of our students’ interdisciplinary perspectives essential to advancing modern industry and infrastructure.
About the program
The Master of Science in Computer Science Program is a two-year program (120 ECTS credits) designed to provide students with an advanced mastery of the core CS disciplines along with exposure to emerging areas (such as mobile and pervasive computing, multi-factor authentication, privacy and security, persistent data collection, “big data” analysis and data mining).
The program is designed to provide students with in-depth knowledge of basic computer science disciplines, along with the study of new industries (mobile and mass computing, multi-factor authentication, privacy and security, permanent data collection, big data analysis, and data production). Students will receive the ability to either continue their educational training at the doctoral level or immediately utilize their training in key economic sectors such as government, business, industry, health care, and education.
Students will receive the knowledge and experience that demonstrates domain expertise, and the ability to either continue their educational training at the doctoral level or immediately utilize their training in key economic sectors such as government, business, industry, health care, and education. This program is distinguished by its progressive curriculum, which includes more credits than in a typical program, with more courses, and a research thesis requirement. It offers physical resources for comprehensive learning (labs and equipment) and the diversity of the program faculty.
- Campus: Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
- Language: English
- Delivery mode: Full time, on-campus
- Duration: 2 years
- Total ECTS credits: 120
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, to be determined by the Admissions Committee.
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75.
- The required level of English proficiency as indicated below.
- 2 letters of recommendation.
- A personal statement of purpose.
- Submission of a valid IELTS or TOEFL test report (must be submitted).
Required Level of English Proficiency:
The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test reports for admission to the Master of Science in Computer Science program is overall IELTS test score of 6.5 (with sub-score requirements no less than 6.0), or the equivalent TOEFL score as posted on the ETS website.
Applicants to the Master of Science in Computer Science program, at the discretion of the Admissions Committee, can be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test report if:
- One of their earlier academic degrees was earned in an English Speaking country.
- Their undergraduate degree was earned in a program with English as the main language of instruction.
- The applicant is a graduate of Nazarbayev University.
Work after graduation
- Software developer
- Database Administrator
- Computer equipment engineer
- Computer systems analyst
- Architect of computer networks
- Web developer
- Head of IT project
- Scientist in information research
Strategic partners of Nazarbayev University
- Duke University, Fuqua School of Business (USA)
- The National University of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy (Singapore)
- The University of Pennsylvania (USA)
- The University of Cambridge (UK)
- Colorado School of Mines (USA)
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison (USA)
- The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (USA)
- The Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (USA)
- The Oak Ridge Associated Universities (USA)
About the School
Located in Nur-Sultan City, Kazakhstan, in Central Asia, Nazarbayev University is a research university with growing international renown combining education and innovation on a state of the art 21st- ... Read More