The University of Tampa's Master of Science in Cybersecurity prepares students for careers in the dynamic and growing cybersecurity industry. Rapid technology changes and the evolving threats that face modern organizations require educated and equipped cybersecurity professionals. With small class sizes and a cutting-edge cybersecurity lab, this specialized graduate program emphasizes hands-on learning using real-world tools and virtual environments.
The curriculum covers critical topics in cybersecurity and gives students the option of taking valuable courses in project management, business analytics, enterprise systems, and SAP certification. The program is also ideal for those wishing to advance in the fields of law enforcement, criminology, criminal justice, forensics, law, and government.
Topics of Study
- Cloud Systems Security
- Secure Software Design
- Incident Response Management
- Penetration Testing
- Risk Assessment and Contingency Planning
- Technology Governance and Security Leadership
- Cybersecurity Research
- Digital Forensics
- Project Management
- Security Standards and Compliance
- Business Analytics
Located in the Daly Innovation and Collaboration Building, UT’s state-of-the-art cybersecurity lab provides students with valuable hands-on experience with software and equipment used by professionals in the field. The lab is ISO certified.
A key feature of UT’s cybersecurity graduate program is that it prepares students for professional security certifications and designations, such as the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) exam.
To earn the M.S., students take 32 credit hours of graduate courses. View M.S. in Cybersecurity in the UT Catalog.
- Non-thesis Track: Ideal for working professionals who wish to advance in their field or launch a new career.
- Thesis Track: Designed for students who wish to pursue doctoral studies or pursue research-oriented careers as an academic, consultant or practitioner.
- Gain the credentials to excel in the fast-growing cybersecurity industry.
- Differentiate yourself in the fields of business, technology, law enforcement, forensics, government, analytics and more.
- The curriculum is based on top professional certifications in the field.
- Develop the foundation for future doctoral studies or research-based positions.
- Flexible curriculum and schedule are ideal for working professionals.
- All courses taught on campus by Ph.D.-level cybersecurity experts.
Admission Requirements and Documents
To apply, please fill out either the paper or online application. Applications are not reviewed until the Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies receives all required materials. Students are notified of admission decision after materials have been received and evaluated.
- Completed application.
- $40 application fee.
- Official transcripts of all previous college work received directly from each institution (applicants must hold a four-year bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the international equivalent of a U.S. undergraduate degree).
- 3.0 GPA overall or in the last 60 hours of coursework.
- Professional résumé.
- Two professional reference forms completed by individuals who can attest to the applicant's background and potential; professional letters of recommendation are accepted if preferred.
- A GMAT or GRE score is recommended but will be waived for applicants with an undergraduate GPA of a 3.0 or higher and a "B" or better in the required four business essentials courses (ACC, QMB, FIN, ECO).
For thesis-track consideration:
- A writing sample is required. This can be any significant writing that the applicant wishes to share, such as a course paper or publication.
- A GMAT or GRE score is strongly recommended for all students considering the thesis-track.
Applicants who have earned their degree outside the U.S., U.K., Canada or Australia must submit a TOEFL score of at least 560-577 (83-90 Internet-based) or an IELTS score of at least 6.5
Applications are evaluated for fall and spring terms on a rolling basis. Qualified students are admitted until spaces are full for the relevant term. Due to this rolling basis, admission is competitive and students are encouraged to apply early. Students are notified of their status once all documents have been received.
About the School
The University of Tampa’s Sykes College of Business is a leading private institution focused on the development of tomorrow’s global leaders. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in our AACSB acc ... Read More