Nova Southeastern University offers an innovative academic program designed for the working professional actively involved in or entering the field of counseling. The College offers individuals the opportunity to earn a degree in counseling with specializations in mental health counseling, substance abuse counseling and education, applied behavior analysis, and advanced applied behavior analysis. The program is designed to serve the training needs of practitioners who seek advanced training, but who cannot access quality training without the interruption of demanding schedules.
Programs will develop the skills and leadership abilities of counselors who have a desire to provide, create and maintain high-quality service delivery. The online instruction offers accessibility and flexibility along with a quality educational opportunity for the mature (independent) student.
The Master of Science in Counseling degree program requires 33 semester hours of graduate credit in addition to a selected concentration.
To be considered for admission to graduate study in the master's programs, the applicant is required to present evidence of scholastic ability, interest in the area of psychology and counseling, personal stability, and strong character. Minimum requirements include a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Transfer students must meet the program admissions criteria. Up to six (6) graduate credits may be transferred into this program. The courses that may be transferred into the program will be determined on a case by case basis and must be deemed comparable in level, content, and rigor to those within the M.S. in National Security Affairs program.
Foreign nationals who reside outside the U.S. at the time of application, and whose native language is not English, must present evidence of proficiency in English by satisfactorily completing the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Score requirements are the same as undergraduate admission and are as follows: minimum paper score =550; minimum computerized score = 213; minimum internet score=79). A score of 6.0 on the International English Language Testing System (ILETS) exam is accepted in lieu of the TOEFL.
Applicants who have attended foreign universities or colleges are required to have their academic credentials evaluated for U.S. institutional equivalence. International students are encouraged to contact the Office of International Student Services at (954) 262-7240 or 800-541-6682, ext. 27240, or by emailing International Students or visiting the International Students webpage.
**Applications and supporting material should be received by the preferred application review date. Late applications are reviewed based on availability and students who are not accepted for their initial start date because of late application status will be considered for the following term.
- Fall (August) Application Deadline - July 7
- Winter (January) Application Deadline - December 1
- Summer (May) Application Deadline - March 29
Applications and supporting material should be received by the preferred application review date. Late applications are reviewed based on availability and students who are not accepted for their initial start date because of late application status will be considered for the following term.
Here are some of the reasons why students chose NSU.
- Small class sizes give you one-to-one access to professors.
- A vibrant campus life includes NCAA Athletics, social and professional organizations, cultural activities, and wellness and fitness.
- Ranked a top 200 best college among national universities in 2018.
- Prestigious graduate programs in medicine, law, psychology, business, education, pharmacy, dentistry, and more.
- A diverse student population includes 1200 international students from 116 countries from five continents.
- State-of-the-art facilities include the latest classroom technology, advanced laboratories, and the best research libraries.
- Many of NSU graduates go on to earn masters, doctoral or professional degrees at NSU or other universities.Undergraduate students participate in NSU research in fields like medicine, oceanography, cancer, psychology, dentistry and autism.
- Students build relationships by participating in numerous community events, many held on NSU’s campus.Our beautiful main campus is just minutes from Fort Lauderdale's beach, South Beach, Las Olas nightlife and the Everglades.
About the School
NSU’s main campus is located in Greater Fort Lauderdale with locations around Florida and Puerto Rico. We are at the heart of the region’s academic and research hub, and just minutes from some of the ... Read More