The mission of the Civil Engineering program is to:
- offer a high-quality master’s level program in civil engineering that encompass basic engineering sciences, as well as both traditional and emerging areas of the discipline;
- prepare graduates to adapt to global and domestic engineering challenges and changing industry practices;
- foster student-faculty relationships that enrich teaching and learning, develop scholarship, and encourage public service;
- maintain an academic structure characterized by integrity, and by respect for students, society, the environment, and the civil engineering profession;
- prepare graduates for, and facilitate lifelong intellectual and professional development; and contribute to the economic prosperity of the region, state, and nation by enhancing the size and competitiveness of the civil engineering workforce.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The Civil Engineering program will provide graduates with the foundation of knowledge and skills necessary for productive and rewarding careers. Specifically, the program will prepare graduates to:
- perform essential functions by incorporating social, ethical, political, economic, and environmental considerations in their professional careers and excel in any sector(s) of civil engineering;
- Exhibit necessary communication, management, and leadership skills to excel in engineering and non-engineering sectors; and
- continue their intellectual and professional growth through life-long learning, including:
- graduate study in civil engineering or a related field;
- registration as a Professional Engineer; and
- participation in professional and service organizations.
See 15 more programs offered by Youngstown State University (YSU) »
This course is