Marketing Research and Analysis
The Marketing Research and Analysis program is designed to deliver the technology-related skills in digital marketing communications and marketing analytics by emphasizing data analysis and the interpretation of data. Graduates will understand how to conduct marketing research, how to use marketing analytics, and how to incorporate data into marketing practice.
|Degree||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
The items required for admission consideration are listed below.
- completed online application
- $55 nonrefundable application fee
- $90 nonrefundable application fee for applications with international credentials
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- a competitive GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- knowledge of business functions (management, marketing, finance, accounting, MIS) demonstrated through previous course work and/or work experience
GRE or GMAT Scores*
- official GMAT or GRE (general test only) with competitive scores
*Due to COVID-19 and testing center closures, GRE or GMAT not required for Fall 2020 applicants.
- responses to specific essay questions (two essays are required):
- Why have you chosen to pursue a graduate business degree at Texas State University? What do you hope to accomplish during your time in the program?
- Tell us about your three most significant accomplishments. Why do you view them as such? What lessons did you learn from them?
- Optional Personal Statement: In cover-letter format, you may address the admissions committee about anything related to your background, application, and/or desire to attend graduate school at Texas State University.
- resume/CV detailing work experience, extracurricular and community activities, and honors and achievements
- three letters of recommendation from individuals best able to assess your ability to succeed in graduate school
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall and minimum individual module scores of
- 19 listening
- 19 reading
- 19 speaking
- 18 writing
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
About the School
One is an important number at Texas State. There are thousands of us, but we’re united by one shared purpose: to make a positive impact in our world. More than 38,000 undergraduate and graduate studen ... Read More