The Ingram School of Engineering has state-of-the-art multimedia-equipped classrooms, laboratories, and equipment designed to foster engineering education and research and promote active learning through lectures and hands-on experience. Graduates will be ready to make immediate contributions in professional careers or pursue doctoral studies leading to academic and research-related careers.
|Degree||Concentration||Hours||Research Option||Minor Option|
|M.S.||Civil Engineering||30||Project||No minor|
|M.S.||Civil Engineering||30||Thesis||No minor|
|M.S.||Electrical Engineering||30||Project||No minor|
|M.S.||Electrical Engineering||30||Thesis||No minor|
|M.S.||Industrial Engineering||30||Project||No minor|
|M.S.||Industrial Engineering||30||Thesis||No minor|
|M.S.||Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering||30||Project||No minor|
|M.S.||Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering||30||Thesis||No minor|
The items required for admission consideration are listed below.
- completed online application
- $55 nonrefundable application fee
- $90 nonrefundable application fee for applications with international credentials
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree engineering, computer science, physics, technology, or a closely related field from a regionally accredited university.
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- a competitive GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
GRE or GMAT Scores*
- official GMAT or GRE (general test only) with competitive scores
- resume/CV detailing prior work experience, research experience, awards, scholarships, and other related qualifications
- statement of purpose (two pages) conveying your research interests, plans for graduate study, and professional aspirations
- two letters of recommendation from non-related individuals familiar with your scholarly work and/or relevant work experience
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Background Course Work
Non-credit (leveling) course work may be required prior to admission into the program if you lack sufficient background course work. Any required leveling course work must be completed with grades of B or better prior to admission.
About the School
One is an important number at Texas State. There are thousands of us, but we’re united by one shared purpose: to make a positive impact in our world. More than 38,000 undergraduate and graduate studen ... Read More