M.Cr.A. in Digital Media Arts
Animation at Srishti at the Masters level nurtures creative and personal expression. It provides a framework for practitioners from diverse fields to enter the world of animation and expanding its boundaries through their unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage students to explore and develop personal styles, artistic visions and voices through their filmmaking practices. It also seeks to provide a broad understanding of animation filmmaking reflecting on independent practice, industry and experimentation in the Indian context.
Srishti offers a 2-year Masters program in Animation at its main campus in Bangalore. Students can choose to work with diverse techniques (2D and/or 3D, traditional, experimental, stop motion) to develop their abilities as storytellers, visual artists and directors. The curriculum includes fundamental inputs in animation techniques, film language, storytelling, image-making processes and skill enhancement. We also offer opportunities for experimentation, innovation and creative collaborations.
The program is informed by the following learning disciplines:
- Game Art, Design and Development
- Visual Effects
- Screen Studies
Key Values in the Curriculum
- Unhindered Imagination
- Personal expression
- Cultural Innovation
- Studios encourage active, contextual learning where students develop core disciplinary skills and knowledge. Studios facilitate collaborative and creative design solutions to complex, open-ended problems
- Workshops provide intense learning experiences in making and doing, across the different disciplines.
- Internship with an industry or a design studio is compulsory for students at the end of 1st year for M.Des.
- Self Initiated Project is an end of the semester challenge that allows the student to engage in research / enquiry or design based projects. Students begin by writing their project proposal and defining the scope of their project and they are mentored by faculty / design professionals.
- Electives are liberal arts courses aimed to cultivate intellectual and reflective abilities in students and motivate them to probe deeper and approach their design process in a holistic manner.
- Capstone Project is the culmination of the research, capabilities and knowledge gained over the last three semesters. Students are required to submit their design output and a mandated thesis document. Students are mentored during this final project and go through seminars to get feedback from faculty and peer groups
- Navigation of a path through a combination of mandatory courses, chosen courses, lectures, workshops, electives and team/individual projects articulated within a multidisciplinary art and design context.
- Independent learning with close guidance from mentors
- Conception, development and production of a capstone project or a thesis over a period of two semesters
- Expression, creativity, craftsmanship and problem solving that can interact with diverse industry and artistic contexts
- Artistic sensibility– sensitivity, balance, measure, attention to detail, etc.
- Having an inquiring mind, curiosity, methodical questioning, contextual perspective
- Creating and constructing fiction, understanding workings of a created world
- Inventive thinking, risk taking - approaching the unknown
- Understanding audiences and constructing viewer experiences
- You can work in the industries of advertising, television, cinema and interactive media.
- You can continue your practice, develop your own work and become entrepreneurs.
- You can pursue your research and continue to do a PhD.
- You can work for established design firms and production houses.
- You can develop your own projects and apply for grants.
For further information, kindly email Sandeep Ashwath at firstname.lastname@example.org
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017