Migration and Refugee Studies M.A.
The Center for Migration and Refugee Studies (CMRS) is an interdisciplinary center of The American University in Cairo. The Center for Migration and Refugee Studies offers an MA in migration and refugee studies and two specialized graduate diploma:
- MA in Migration and Refugee Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Forced Migration and Refugee Studies (MRS)
Who is it for?
Students who seek to obtain the knowledge and skills to be applied in careers within institutions such as governmental, nongovernmental and international agencies, as well as universities, research organizations and private corporations dealing with the multitude of issues connected with migration and refugee movements.
Advantages of studying at the Center of Migration and Refugee Studies
- It is situated at the heart of the Middle East and North Africa furthering the scientific knowledge of the large, long-standing and more recent, refugee and migration movements witnessed in this region.
- It collaborates with reputable regional and international academic institutions.
- Works with other AUC departments to offer diversified courses to its students
- The training activities CMRS organizes, are attended by researchers, policymakers, bureaucrats and civil society activists from a great number of countries.
- Research implemented bears on issues of interest to the region and beyond.
- What will you learn:
- Provides you with critical knowledge, research methods and analytical skills of current theoretical, legal, political, economic, social, demographic and psychological issues in migration and refugee studies
- CMRS outreach will enable you to work with its environment, disseminating knowledge and sensitization to refugee and migration issues
- About services CMRS provides to the refugee community in Cairo and transfers its expertise in this respect to other international institutions.
Completion of the master's degree in migration and refugee studies will normally take two years.
For Application Process
To inquire about tuition and get application for admission and the required supporting documents, you need to contact the Office of Graduate Studies and Research at AUC.
For detailed information on admission to the University, please visit graduate admissions website where you can also download the application pack.
For Detailed Curriculum
For full details of the program requirements, refer to the AUC catalog.
Last updated January 15, 2018