M.A. in Humanities
This is a graduate humanities program that engages students in innovative intellectual work. In small, interactive classes, students learn to apply analysis and research methods from the social sciences, arts, literature, cultural and religious worldviews, and philosophy. The two-year Master of Arts in Humanities program offers an applied approach to the practice of humanities.
Anglo-American University’s international faculty is a resource to students looking for a cross-cultural and interdisciplinary humanities program in Prague. Students develop academically and professionally as they become experts in humanistic work, including visual culture, arts and cultural management, popular culture and media theory, modern intellectual history, and advanced literary studies and critique.
The M.A. in Humanities program is ideal for students who are looking to strengthen their candidacy for Ph.D. programs, and for those looking for an alternative to MFA programs.
Graduates of the M.A. in Humanities program can expect to:
- Have expertise in analytical and research methods of the humanities and social sciences.
- Have a specialized knowledge of intellectual history and cultural phenomena of various cultures and societies.
- Be able to pragmatically and insightfully compare and critique cultural phenomena of various cultures and societies.
- Conduct analysis of the history and interpretation of the practice of humanities.
- Communicate professionally, decisively and strategically in verbal and written English. Our graduates are able to identify, describe and discuss complex problems and solutions to international audiences.
The M.A. in Humanities is a full-time study program.
Full-time: Study and advancement is based on classroom lectures and interactive exercises. Attendance and participation are mandatory.
7 class hours = 1 ECTS credit
42 hours = 6 ECTS/3 US credits.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 12, 2018