M.A. in Humanities
This is a graduate humanities program that engages students in innovative intellectual work. In small, interactive classes, students learn to apply analysis and research methods from the social sciences, arts, literature, cultural and religious worldviews, and philosophy. The two-year Master of Arts in Humanities program offers an applied approach to the practice of humanities.
Anglo-American University’s international faculty is a resource to students looking for a cross-cultural and interdisciplinary humanities program in Prague. Students develop academically and professionally as they become experts in humanistic work, including visual culture, arts, and cultural management, popular culture and media theory, modern intellectual history, and advanced literary studies and critique.
The M.A. in Humanities program is ideal for students who are looking to strengthen their candidacy for Ph.D. programs, and for those looking for an alternative to MFA programs.
Graduates of the M.A. in Humanities program can expect to:
- Have expertise in analytical and research methods of the humanities and social sciences.
- Have specialized knowledge of intellectual history and cultural phenomena of various cultures and societies.
- Be able to pragmatically and insightfully compare and critique the cultural phenomena of various cultures and societies.
- Conduct an analysis of the history and interpretation of the practice of humanities.
- Communicate professionally, decisively and strategically in verbal and written English. Our graduates are able to identify, describe and discuss complex problems and solutions to international audiences.
The M.A. in Humanities is a full-time study program.
Full-time: Study and advancement are based on classroom lectures and interactive exercises. Attendance and participation are mandatory.
- 7 class hours = 1 ECTS credit
- 42 hours = 6 ECTS/3 US credits
About the School
Founded in Prague in 1990, Anglo-American University (AAU)*, is the oldest private institution of higher education in the Czech Republic. We pride ourselves on providing a personalized and distinctive ... Read More