The future of smart living and working has become reality; life is becoming greener, more efficient, and based on a bigger network of resources. Whether it's 5G-based driverless public transport, traffic, and human flow management in metropolitan areas, modern neighborhood design or the simplification of municipal services with the help of digital platforms, our living, and working spaces are at the beginning of a far-reaching change.
In addition, many municipalities, associations, NPO/NGO, and public-private partnerships are looking for pioneers to lead the holistic development of smart cities and regions all over the world. There is a particularly high demand for the development of market-oriented solutions in future technologies - specifically those that improve the living conditions of the inhabitants - in consultancies as well as in corporate and medium-sized companies.
The Smart City Management program at the University of Applied Sciences Europe involves both an analytical approach and a results-driven perspective. Students will participate in several laboratories where they are required to be entrepreneurial and design-oriented. Students will learn to plan, control, and manage customer-oriented solutions.
The objective of the program is for our students is to discover digital solutions that have the potential to improve urban life and overcome global challenges. Students will be able to actively engage in new and transformative technologies such as AI (Artificial Intelligence) and IoT (Internet of Things). This will be done in the context of urban and regional development as well as private sector industries working with areas including: consulting, energy supply, transport and logistics, finance, software and IT, real estate management and communications, and product design.
The Smart City Management Master's program is expected to be aimed at bachelor's graduates from various disciplines such as: architecture, technology, administration, business administration, computer science, geography, or other humanities and engineering.
Non-EU Applicants only:
- EURO 3,000 (EURO three thousand) - The reservation fee will be deducted from the total amount of study fees. Exception with EU applicants
- Official translation of the English or German for those documents in different languages.
- Application form
- Secondary School Diploma / Certificate
- Bachelor’s degree certificate and transcript of records. The relevance of your bachelor’s degree subject to the master’s degree program and amount of credits (equivalent to 180 or 240 ECTS credits depending on the master’s program).
- English / German language certificate* or request to waive**
- CV - up to date
- Passport copy
- Letter of motivation (around 500-800 words, stating the motivation for applying at UE and the respective program)
- Work experience certificate if applicable
- Admission interview (only for applicants who want to study at campus Iserlohn)
=> No online test for the master’s programs.
- IELTS 5.5 overall (no less than 5.0 each component)
- TOEFL IBT 72
- TOEFL ITP 500 – 547 (290-300 listening, 280-300 language form, 280-300 reading)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 59
- Pearson Test of English (General) Level 3
- Cambridge Exam Advanced and Proficiency 162 overall
- Cambridge Exam First (FCE) Grade C
- TOEIC Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150
- PASSWORD 5.5 (no less than 5.0 in each component)
- EF SET 51 (only for students appearing with MOI letter)
- To request a language test waiver, you must have studied in a country where the official first language is English:
- At least nine months in duration
- Undertaken at a recognized institution where teaching and assessment throughout the course is entirely in English
- Has been completed within 2 years of the start date of the course to which you are applying
- The Medium of Instruction (MOI) should indicate English + EF SET or any accepted English proficiency certificate requested
About the School
Private and state-accredited: The University of Applied Sciences Europe (UE) educates tomorrow's designers and decision-makers in the areas of business, sports, media & event and art & design. ... Read More