The M.A. International Economics and Business programme teaches students how economic theories, experiments and empirical methods can be combined to explain key social and economic phenomena and developments. The programme has been accredited by ACQUIN since 2010 and attained a top place in the 2014 CHE rankings.
As this degree programme is fully German-taught, you need to be proficient in German to apply (at level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, as shown by a DSH-2, TestDaF 4×4 or an equivalent language certificate).
If you need to learn or perfect your German first, you may be interested in the University's preparatory German language offering, German Courses Passau.
– A focus on economics modules
– Strong involvement of empirical research (laboratory and field experiments as well as secondary research)
– Comprises selected modules on business studies and econometrics
– Interdisciplinary modules and transferable skills courses can be counted towards the degree
– Excellent staff-student radio (about 20-30 students each year)
– Combines theory and practical application
– Excellent reputation of the University's language courses
– Numerous global university partnerships
Economists work in a wide variety of occupations. Our graduates have been offered top-tier posts in academia and in the business world: executive posts in the private sector, in policy consultancies as well as in public-sector organisations and federal and state ministries. Many decide in favour of an academic career and follow up with doctoral study.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 7, 2017