M.A. Economics (Specialization in International Business)
The offer is addressed to graduate first degree studies in the areas of education, "Economics" and "Management", "Finance and Accounting", "International Economic Relations" interested in gaining or deepening of knowledge and skills in the field of international business. Studies on the specialization graduates may also take an area of studies "Tourism" wanting to get a qualification in the field of international business. In addition, expansion of expertise may be interested in people working in companies and institutions operating in international markets due to the need for constant verification of theoretical and practical knowledge in this field.
The mission and goals of education
Ongoing processes of globalization and regionalization determine the changes in the conditions of competition in international markets. These processes cause the constant evolution of the market environment. In order to adapt to ongoing changes skillfully company must make decisions relating to strategy in foreign markets. This necessitates the employment of highly qualified staff having the knowledge and practical skills relating to the area of foreign trade economics, law, international finance, international banking, international transportation, and logistics. The purpose of education, specializing in "International Business" is designed to prepare graduates to apply knowledge in various aspects of economic performance of enterprises in international markets and gain the ability to use analytical methods to make strategic decisions of companies in global markets.
The Kuyavian – Pomeranian region is an area in which rapidly developing contacts with foreign companies. Location in the Transport Corridor VI, the implementation of European projects and Bothnian SoNorA Logistic Corridor, which aims to integrate transport systems in Scandinavia economic centers of Central and South America and the region to improve transport accessibility - the construction of the A-1, the way the Experts S-5 gives a very good perspective the development of business relations companies in the region with foreign partners. This increases the demand for specialists in the field of international business, which reported many companies, both Polish and foreign government institutions.
Learning outcomes in the field of economics with a specialization in "International Business"
A graduate of the second-degree studies in the "Economy" with a specialization in "International Business" overall economic well acquainted with the field of economics, the economics of international trade, business economics, European integration, international law.
Moreover a graduate has knowledge in:
- functioning of commodity markets and the global market
- business activities in international markets
- accounting and international finance
- international banking
- transnational corporations
- functioning of global supply chains
A graduate of the second degree area "Economy" specialty "International Business" gains the following skills:
- analysis and interpretation costs in the company for the purposes of decision-making
- assessment of the condition of the companies and their competition in the international market
- analysis and interpretation of economic phenomena
- preparation of development plans for companies operating in global markets
- strategic decision-making in a firm"s global markets
- negotiate with business partners
- implementation of innovative solutions in the enterprise
Personal and social competence
A graduate of the second degree area "Economy" specialty "International Business":
- has the competence to independent work, including management positions in foreign trade enterprises in trade and logistics cell of manufacturing companies
- has an essential competence to work in consulting companies
- has the ability to work in a team
- has the power to conduct an independent economic activity
- can communicate with the environment
- is active in the expansion of knowledge of economics and international trade
- is aware of ethical behavior in business
Practical preparation includes expert lectures and workshops conducted by practitioners in the area of international trade and international banking.
The obtained results allow the graduate specialty training "International Business":
- work as a specialist in the import and export trade company, production companies engaged in trading activities in foreign markets
- work as a trade specialist in international corporations
- working in local government administration
- work in the chambers of commerce and economic
- work in the cells responsible for the economic analysis of production and trade
- work in transport companies, logistics service providers in positions related to the area of trade
Last updated January 30, 2018