The Master in Cinematographic Direction offers you the artistic and technical knowledge of the cinematographic direction necessary for any audiovisual work.
You will be trained in the tasks of director and the rest of the members of the management team in the preparation, filming and postproduction processes. You will also obtain a global knowledge of the tasks of the rest of the components of a production team of audiovisual works: cinematographer, art director, editor, sound designer, etc. All these knowledge and skills will be acquired through continued practice in the realization of audiovisual narration exercises, a practice that will be complemented by masterclasses and theoretical seminars.
Master's End Shorts
Depending on the quality of the proposals, and prior selection by a court, ESCAC Films will produce, after the Master's Degree, two short films proposed by the students .
Who is it for?
Graduates in Fine Arts, Architecture, Audiovisual Communication, Art, Design, Art History, Scenography.
Professionals of the cinematographic or audiovisual sector who want to deepen the knowledge of the cinematographic direction.
- Know and be able to use the mechanisms of audiovisual language to tell stories.
- Carry out all the director's own tasks in the realization of an audiovisual work: plan, carry out and supervise the different production processes.
- Know and be able to carry out the tasks of the other members of the management team.
- Have sufficient knowledge, both theoretical and practical, of the tasks of the other departments involved in the realization of an audiovisual work (photography direction, art direction, editing, sound, etc.).
- Being able to work as a team in the realization of an audiovisual work, collaborating with the rest and leading a common project.
- To have maturity and analytical rigor in the self-evaluation of the work carried out, both personally and as a whole.
The Master is based on the methodology of learning-by-doing: students continuously carry out audiovisual narrative practices throughout the course through which they integrate conceptual and technical knowledge.
The audiovisual narrative practices are complemented with theoretical and theoretical practical classes on the rest of the disciplines that are part of the course.
At the end of the Master, students can present individual or group short film projects. Depending on the quality of the proposals, and prior selection by a court, two of them will be produced by ESCAC Films in a tight schedule and financial envelope
Jakob Owens / Unsplash
- Audiovisual narration practices
Students are distributed in work groups of 4-5 people. Each student is responsible for conducting three practices as a principal. In addition, he has to participate in roles different from that of the director in those of his groupmates.
- Audiovisual techniques I
Script · Direction of actors · Planning / Storytelling · Sound · Assembly
- Audiovisual Techniques II
VFX · Photography direction · Art direction · Production · Direction assistance · Film analysis
Candidates for the Master in Management must pass a selection process based on their Portfolio, a dossier that brings together the ideas, projects, works and exercises done by the student who believes they represent their own voice.
Once the portfolio is evaluated, the candidate will be cited for a personal interview, which can be face-to-face or by Skype.
Candidates must fill in the registration form available on this page and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
It is essential to incorporate the documentation required for admission.
About the School
El cine no se estudia, se aprende. Centro Universitario con titulación oficial lider en la formación de cineastas. Por nuestras aulas han pasado profesionales de la talla de J.A.Bayona (Director de J ... Read More