The Master's Degree in Advanced Therapies and Biotechnological Innovation of the Universidad Francisco De Vitoria , is aimed at specialization and professionalization in gene therapy, cell therapy, tissue engineering and nanomedicine, focusing on translational research, a technique that is revolutionized in practice current clinic.
Currently there is a growing demand in Spain for advanced graduates experts in technologies based on the cultivation and manipulation of cells for therapeutic purposes, professionals that respond to the new biomedical challenges of society.
The Master in Biotechnology and Advanced Therapies of the Universidad Francisco De Vitoria , is aimed at specialization and professionalization in gene therapy, cell therapy, tissue engineering and nanomedicine.
The program focuses on translational research, which is revolutionizing clinical practice, and which will make personalized treatments and person-centered medicine possible ("From bench to bedside").
The Master in Advanced Therapies and Biotechnology in its face-to-face modality incorporates an International Week from March 20 to 23, 2018, aimed at postgraduate face-to-face students whose content is aimed at enhancing the personal brand and skills that foster the internationalization of the curriculum and sale of professional services in multidisciplinary and global environments. It is an intensive program that includes academic sessions, business visits and cultural experiences and that allows the Network with students from the graduate field of other countries.
Objectives and Competencies
The general objective of the Master is to train professionals who master the most advanced technologies and the most innovative procedures of application in the field of human and animal health. Additionally, the following objectives are pursued:
- To train specialists in the cultivation and manipulation of cells for therapeutic purposes.
- Design protocols and clinical trials oriented to personalized treatments and medicine focused on the patient.
- Know and apply techniques of cell cultures, cell therapy and tissue engineering to basic and translational research.
- Integrate and apply acquired knowledge to solve unsolved medical problems through the design and development of advanced therapy medications.
The methodology focuses on the method of active participation through which the teacher carries out a constant interpellation and dialogue with the students opening after the exhibition a colloquium in order to deepen the subject. The teaching practice enhances the acquisition of knowledge through learning by discovery, the reproduction of real experiences, the debate, the resolution of practical cases, participation in ongoing professional activities, etc., which makes the participants protagonists of their own professional development.
Access and Admission
You can apply for admission to the Master through the online admission platform . The Universidad Francisco De Vitoria sets admission criteria for each master's degree. In the case of the Master's Degree in Advanced Therapies and Biotechnological Innovation, you must request an appointment with a member of the Academic Committee of the Master on any of the dates established for this purpose.
The application for admission to a UFV Postgraduate program does not entail any cost.
Both to start the admission process and to reserve a place , it will not be necessary for the candidate to have finished his degree studies.
In order to enroll in a UFV Postgraduate program, the candidate must prove that they have completed their 10th grade studies before the beginning of the classes. In case the student has not finished his degree studies on the 1st of the month of the start of the classes of his program, the UFV will reimburse him the amount paid to reserve his place in the master (previous official documentary justification).
Additionally to enroll in the Master's Degree in Advanced Therapies and Biotechnological Innovation, it will be necessary for the candidate to prove that they are in possession of a B2 level of English.
Graduates and graduates in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Pharmacy, Medicine and Veterinary, or other university degree in this area, who wish to be trained in the most innovative areas of knowledge of biotechnological development with application to the medical field and with a B2 level of English accredited before enrollment in the Master through an official certification of seniority not exceeding 5 years.
Foreign students whose native language is not Spanish must also demonstrate a B2 level of this language through official certification with an age not exceeding 5 years and submitted before enrollment in the Master.
Why does it prepare you?
- You will be trained in the cultivation and manipulation of cells for therapeutic purposes.
- You will design protocols and clinical trials oriented to personalized treatments and medicine centered on the patient.
- You will know and apply the techniques of cell culture, cell therapy and basic and translational tissue engineering.
- You will integrate and apply the acquired knowledge to the resolution of unresolved medical problems, through the design and development of advanced therapy medications.
- You will master the most advanced technologies and the most innovative procedures in the field of human health.
- You will have access to advanced training in research techniques to develop, present and defend your thesis through a Doctorate program.
After the completion of this program, students will master the most advanced technologies and the most innovative procedures for application in the field of human health, with the most outstanding professional opportunities:
- RESEARCH in national and international research centers, hospital laboratories and Universities. Research in gene therapy: new viral vectors, immunotherapy, production of antibodies ... Cell therapy: tissue regeneration, stem cells as a drug, stem cells as vehicles, "vehiculization" and controlled release of drugs, development and production of diagnostic kits. Regeneration of tissues, design of artificial organs for research and clinical purposes ... Nanotechnology: design of new kits, production of vaccines and anticancer compounds ...
- INDUSTRY: biopharmaceutical industry, biotechnology companies, ID laboratories, cell manipulation for clinical use in clean rooms, monitoring of clinical trials ...
- CONSULTANCY, PATENTS: Legislation specialized in Advanced Therapies, analysis of manufacturing processes, control, validation, legislation of advanced therapies as medicine ...
The aim of the external practices of the University Master is to acquire experience and master the skills and abilities necessary for professional practice. It is precisely the practicum that allows applying the theoretical knowledge acquired in the other subjects. For this, it is necessary that the student is immersed in the life of a company for a period of time.
The practice centers are awarded according to the profile and interests of the students; according to his experience and qualities, the company is awarded where the student will do his practices. During the practices, the student is assigned two tutors: Business Tutor and Tutor of the University for follow-up.
The Company, by agreement, is committed to the monitoring, assessment, support and assessment of the progress of the students, together with the tutor of the University, guaranteeing the guidance and consultation of the student. The tutor of the company will provide an evaluation report at the end of the process that contributes to the evaluation of said students.
Upon completion of external internships, all agents involved in the internship process will evaluate satisfaction with said process.
They are carried out during the first semester of the second academic year in one of the hospitals, laboratories and institutions with which the Universidad Francisco De Vitoria has signed an agreement.
"The Master of Advanced Therapies has allowed me to acquire a very broad knowledge about the most novel approaches in the field of biotechnology and biochemistry with the aim of applying them to the therapy of various diseases. to be doing the practices in a high quality research center such as the National Center for Oncological Research ". Teresa González, Student of the Master's Degree in Advanced Therapies and Biotechnology Innovation
"My experience in the Master of Advanced Therapies and Biotechnology Innovation has been wonderful, in addition to facilitating my access to an FPI Severo Ochoa scholarship, the training and the teaching staff reflects the best of each leading area at present, my congratulations to the direction of the same for such a fabulous work ". Rodrigo Rubia, Student of the Master's Degree in Advanced Therapies and Biotechnological Innovation
"The Master is what we would like for someone to have offered us to train and professionalize us at the end of the race. We offer the experience of more than a decade of biotechnologists and biochemists trained in our department. " Esther Grueso Hierro, Academic Coordinator Master in Advanced Therapies and Biotechnology Innovation
Program taught in: