INTERNATIONAL MASTER LUXURY MANAGEMENT
Fashion, Luxury & Made in Italy: a distinctive specialization in one of the most important areas of the Italian excellence.
GOALS AND PROFESSIONAL OPENINGS
Our International Master in Luxury Management provides students with technical knowledge and managerial capabilities required to build a career in the luxury industry. It provides students with opportunities to learn from the experience of managers and professionals working in the luxury goods market, as well as to intern in important companies and develop a lasting network in the sector. The previous four Italian editions of this Master delivered by our Business School guarantee consolidated experience and ongoing relationships with the most prestigious global luxury brands. At the end of the course the main areas of placement and professional openings are within companies, consultancy firms, business associations and institutions of the fashion, luxury and lifestyle sectors, in the following functions:
- communication and events
- brand management
- retail merchandising
- visual merchandising
- retail operations
and in the following luxury sectors:
- fashion (leather & luxury goods)
- watches & jewelry
- perfumes & cosmetics
- food & wine
The Master is aimed at young graduates and final year graduating students interested in building their career in the world of luxury, fashion and lifestyle.
The course is taught entirely in English.
DURATION AND STRUCTURE
9 Months: 5 months of full time classes in Milan and 4 months of internship
The Master requires full time compulsory attendance.
The program begins on November 20th 2017 and is organized in two phases:
- Theory and practice for a period of 100 days in classroom and workshops (classes are held Monday to Friday)
- Hands-on experience through a 4 month internship in important companies or consultancies.
MILAN AND THE VALUE OF MADE IN ITALY
The Italian city of Milan is recognised internationally as one of the "big four" global fashion capitals, along with Paris, New York and London. The city’s rich history and classical architecture are a counterpoint to the modern pace of life and the rising towers designed by 21st-century starchitects. It is also one of the most multicultural and diverse cities in Italy and Europe, with banking, industrial and design sectors that draw employees from around the world.
Milan is also the venue where important international fairs, exhibits and trade shows take place. April is the month of the well-known Salone Internazionale del Mobile (international home furniture show): together with the associated cultural-artistic events, this fair presents the most important and innovative proposals, ideas and concepts for furniture, home decor and objets d'art. One of Milan's most well-known fashion events is the Milan Fashion Week, whose two annual editions (September-October and February-March) are the most important meeting point between prêt-à-porter and trade operators, promoting both the globally renowned brands that have made Made in Italy famous worldwide and the emerging fashion talents. For future managers in the Luxury & Fashion industries, Milan is the best place to be!
The program is divided into the following modules:
- The concept of luxury across the world
- Made in Italy: yesterday, today and tomorrow
- New consumers of luxury goods
- The fashion, luxury and lifestyle industries
- Value chain and economics
- Project management
- Marketing of luxury goods
- Web & New media: digital and social media marketing
- Communication, brand management, press office and events
- Commercial policies and management of luxury retail stores
- E-commerce and e-tailing
The course also includes some special activities:
- Company Visits: visit the sites, museums and factories of globally renowned Italian brands
- Project Work: work on real business challenges submitted by managers and professionals
- Self Marketing and Personal Branding: strengthen and develop managerial competences
- Master Blog: manage the Master blog with the direct supervision of the Scientific Committee
The internship is an important added value of the Master and allows participants to enter the world of work complexity with solid professional tools.
During classroom period, each participant is supported in identifying his/her capacities and
career opportunities through individual career coaching and mock job interviews.
More than 95% of our students are employed after the internship.
The Master has a closed number and involves a process of selection aimed at evaluating the technical competencies acquired during the study period, the individual attitude and the motivation of the candidates.
The selection process is carried out in 3 phases:
- screening and analysis of admission request and CV
- motivational interview (in English)
- English test for non native English speakers
- Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Copy of first-level university degree (Bachelor, laurea triennale or equivalent)
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- Copy of passport or ID Card
- Motivation letter explaining interests and future professional projects
- An English proficiency test score is desirable (but not compulsory) for non native English speakers
24 ORE Business School grants partial and full cost scholarships to the most deserving candidates.
For further information write to:
You will be contacted in the shortest time possible.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017